• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When did they change from Warpstone to Wyrdstone? Or is it not the same stuff?

The gobbo looks good!

I think the Skaven call it Warpstone in Warhammer Fantasy, and for some reason it was referred to as Wyrdstone in Mordheim.  I've never been clear as to why.

The gobbo looks good!

I think the Skaven call it Warpstone in Warhammer Fantasy, and for some reason it was referred to as Wyrdstone in Mordheim.  I've never been clear as to why.

I think it is because The Empire is sort of in denial regarding The UnderEmpire. Briefly:

• Background: Mordheim was a human city located in a human realm known as -THE- Empire. The official party line at one point is that there are no Ratmen, there is no Underempire, no such thing as vile Skaven... the Emperor has it all under control.

• The plot to the game: Mordheim now lies ruined by some strange magical event that left lots of this glowy green magic rock crystal all over the place. Wizards want this stuff to experiment with. It is incredibly valuable.

• Problem: No one who lives topside can openly say they are hunting warpstone, as this would amount to admitting that the rumoured Skaven exist and that all the human warpwyrdstone hunters are seeking that vile stuff the rumoured Skaven adore and slaver after. So, Wyrdstone.
  • Like 3

He is a COOL Little Dude as only a Goblin can be...being totally objective even though I am a Goblin Guy myself.  Your brushwork is OUTSTANDING...love his eyes. VERY WELL DONE!

We're having a painting contest over at Tom's Boring Mordhiem Forum...The Second Golden Tom Awards. Here's a link if you'd care to take part:

http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t7978-golden-tom-2014-announced

• Like 1

The gobbo looks good!

I think it is because The Empire is sort of in denial regarding The UnderEmpire. Briefly:

• Background: Mordheim was a human city located in a human realm known as -THE- Empire. The official party line at one point is that there are no Ratmen, there is no Underempire, no such thing as vile Skaven... the Emperor has it all under control.

• The plot to the game: Mordheim now lies ruined by some strange magical event that left lots of this glowy green magic rock crystal all over the place. Wizards want this stuff to experiment with. It is incredibly valuable.

• Problem: No one who lives topside can openly say they are hunting warpstone, as this would amount to admitting that the rumoured Skaven exist and that all the human warpwyrdstone hunters are seeking that vile stuff the rumoured Skaven adore and slaver after. So, Wyrdstone.

Or I could be completely wrong: the difference between Warpstone and Wyrdstone from WFB could be like the difference between (Earthly)  Terrestrial Iron and Meteoric Iron.

One is found in mines but the other falls from the sky.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 1

We're having a painting contest over at Tom's Boring Mordhiem Forum...The Second Golden Tom Awards. Here's a link if you'd care to take part:

Thanks, Malefactus! I will check it out.

As a Mod over at Tom's (I'm DeafNala there) I may be ever so slightly biased, but I think you'll find Tom's a pleasant hang out. AND the Golden Tom Trophies are GORGEOUS.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.