New version?

Baphomet69

I can't remember crap anymore. Has Reaper said anything about a new version? I know it was clamored for during Bones II, but for the life of me I can't remember what, if anything, Reaper said on the subject.

I'd really like to see this game get going again.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily a new version, but a PDF release of the rules.  I don't see many (if any) holes in the rules, although a few could be clarified a bit better from the rules discussion threads.

I would love to see a PDF version of the rules that was rules only.  Don't really want the fluff in the rules, not even pictures, unless it is used to illustrate a point (distance, base to base, or elevations).  A short, compact file with the basic rules, Special Abilities, and Spells in one condensed file. 

• Like 1

well, thenn, what about unofficial statements?  Rumors and inuendo?  scuttlebutt?

Enquiring minds want to know!

ETA:  I agree with Talespinner, I don't think there could be any major "improvements" to the game to warrant a new release.  However, expanding the continent, maybe even having the aliens1 evil that is causing all the unrest to be revealed, something more in the story line...

1 - have to use those new Bones aliens somewhere!

Edited by Bonwirn
  • Like 1

Ok, maybe new 'version' isn't exactly the right word, but a re-release? I think it's still available, but something with some fanfare to put it back into the public's consciousness? Maybe a complete tome with the original rulebook, Savage North and a new third bit all combined into one, bundled with a smaller, softcover rules-only booklet?

It just always seems like this great game is an underground thing and it's frustrating.

There is no need for a new edition but I am hoping for new army lists or campaign. What happened to the halfings? It is kind of embarrassing to say that it is still in beta since October 2011. On the other hand, this is one of the strong point about Warlord. Nothing changes or is expected to change for a long time.

How cool would it be if there was a PDF at zazzle or cafe press or some similar place and you had the option to have them print and bind a small hardcopy or send an ebook version for an idevice?

It would be even more cool if it could be setup so that it had the base rules section, the SA section, and zero, one or two army lists, but you could pick which lists those were. All together 2 to 4 sections: the price charged depends on how many check boxes were ticked and how many sections wee chosen. 

(If someone owned Korborlas and Dwarfs they would pick those two; someone else could pick Reven only if that was their only force.)

The hardback books remain the way to have a bunch of factions together in one big tome.

• Like 1

It is quite apparent to me that Reaper does not want to give up Warlord, at least not yet. Otherwise, they would have given away the rulebook in pdf for free. They may have some ideas or wishes but definitely are not planning any actual step to move forward. From the business point of view, it makes sense since it will be hard for Warlord to establish a foothold in the gaming market. Rules do not sell but miniatures make the profit. I bet Reaper is selling much more minatures than Hell Dorado.

Yes, but a one stop shopping event for miniatures with a cool, easy to learn, set of rules would help the sales of miniatures.  Of course, is the added profit from the (slight) increase in sales worth the expense/effort required to update the rule book into a variety of formats and possibly expand the universe a bit?

Only time will tell.....

As one of the volunteers, I'd be happy to help with the project.  My concern the last go around was that we need direction and goals set.

Warlord is a pretty tight set of rules.  Unfortunately, it doesn't get to the table with my game group.  They tried it and liked the system pretty much (you can't please everyone) but they didn't get hooked in the Warlord world.  The other comment I heard from them is that it doesn't look like a uniform game.  Personally, I like that there is no art direction for the game and that you have a hodge podge of different models from different sculptors. 

Like any hobby choice, I guess it is a matter of taste with no one being right or wrong.