Sign in to follow this  
dks

60186, Staunton Vhane: sculpt and paint D. Schubert

You really did justice both to the original artwork, and to the miniature itself. Thanks for sharing. 

That's awesome! The photo of the unpainted mini had left me confused on some of the details, and it was in question whether or not I'd pick this one up. It's no longer in question, though I'm afraid my paint job will be nowhere near this good.

And I can totally see the rhino's head.

Absolutely terrific job. And thanks for the explanation on what you did. That is very helpful to those of us who are just starting to figure out how to get the green bubblegum to look like something other than the next ooze.

Great work! And I agree we need a this is awesome button! The head of the glave is particularly spectacular

Edited by Kangaroorex

I am stunned, what an amazing job you have done on this and now I must add it to my to buy list. So many things here are outstanding thank you for sharing this incredable piece;)

Derek, it's always a pleasure to see one if your works of art in completion!

That being said, I also love seeming a good DKS WIP thread (Lirianne was phenomenal). Is there any chance you could do another one soon?

• Like 2

great sculpt and paint job on a nasty little ankle biter. Definatley the sort of character the PC's in most of the games I play would love to fight. You've pretty well sold me on this guy.

Simply amazing on every level, as usual. The locust is exquisite and morphing it into a rhino is sublime.

I also love seeming a good DKS WIP thread (Lirianne was phenomenal). Is there any chance you could do another one soon?

Schubert's WIPs are some of the best learning tools I've found. The one you mentioned helped me snag a gold medal at Reapercon this year, even if that sneaky dks put his far, far superior piece right next to my humble offering :p
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this