Reaper and Alliance Distribution

Beowulfthehunter

I am curious if anyone has had issues getting the newer Reaper releases through Alliance Distribution. I have ordered a few different figures form two different game stores, and they are still listed as being on pre-order. What is going on here. I would assume when they can be bought off the website, they can be ordered from a distributor.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some online retailers (Miniature Market, for instance) will continue to list items as pre-order until they receive their shipment. I don't know if distributors work the same way, or not.

Distributors will list items as whatever will keep stores from complaining too loudly, IME -- out of stock at the manufacturer, out of production, not yet in production, whatever, unless they actually have them in stock. Certainly not, "we forgot to add that to our order", "we forgot to add that to your order", "we're waiting until we meet the minimum order", "we're on credit hold with the manufacturer", or "we're spending all of our money on Magic and don't have any left for low-turn items".

I wish that were a joke.

• Like 16

Some online retailers (Miniature Market, for instance) will continue to list items as pre-order until they receive their shipment. I don't know if distributors work the same way, or not.

Distributors will list items as whatever will keep stores from complaining too loudly, IME -- out of stock at the manufacturer, out of production, not yet in production, whatever, unless they actually have them in stock. Certainly not, "we forgot to add that to our order", "we forgot to add that to your order", "we're waiting until we meet the minimum order", "we're on credit hold with the manufacturer", or "we're spending all of our money on Magic and don't have any left for low-turn items".

I wish that were a joke.

Heck stores often use variations of those same excuses. If your store makes an order and they haven't been able to fulfill it with 2-3 weeks (since most stores make weekly orders) that's the point I would make a direct order. Its hard to support your LGS when they can't get what you want in which case you aren't really taking money out of their pocket by making the direct order.

• Like 3

Yeah, I only buy from my LGS when they happen to have something I want. I never order through them anymore (a bad experience a few christmases ago).

Case in point: went in to get my comics last weekend. Came out with The Gor-gor, an unspecified P-65 mini for my SS partner, and two comics which I had not planned on buying. :lol:

And the gor-gor was old stock so he was only $10  ^_^ I've been wanting him for a while now too.

• Like 7

To follow up, and I am not sure if Reaper can comment on this publically, but has Alliance contacted Reaper about restocking or have other distributors been contacted by Reaper? Everytime I ask my local store to see if they can get something in for me, multiple of their distributors are saying they are not in stock. This is not a case of a LGS lying about not being able to get product, they are showing me on the computer and said item is not in stock.

Thanks,

Look I do realize I can get these minis direct from Reaper, but I do not buy much from my store since I am not involved in the Magic scene heavily, they do not stock mini games, and I am not buying board games anytime soon.

• Like 2

I wish that were a joke.

I wish I could call you a liar.

• Like 2

My store does not order enough to do a B to B, is that the main distributor he uses?

He uses Peachtree Hobbies I guess.  At least that is waht shows up for new product on his FB page. 

As far I know he doesn't use the B to B account a lot.  Just to get stuff that his distributor doesn't have or won't send in a timely manner (like paint).

Some of the original Bones minis are out of stock since Reaper did not want to jeopardize or further delay KS 2 delivery . If it is a metal figure, then all bets are off as to why the distributor does not have them.