CAV:SO Friday Feature [12/12/2014]

CAVBOSS

OK. All the cards (and PDFs) have been updated as well as the construction program. I would suggest you refresh the thread to make sure you are seeing the new versions.

Did you update the link for the construction program in the first Friday thread? It 404's for me, and I'm searching now to find an active one.

EDIT: Never mind. The Master Link thread link works. I was going to the original Friday thread.

Edited by Pegazus

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vil from the few games I've played with the new rules I think the Ogre will be a BEAST! as long as there is some cover to take advantage of. And let me second CAVBoss' point of really trying to make all weapons have pros and cons to balance out. Many conversations about that in particular.

Edited by papabees

• Reaper User

After feedback from the pdf, we went back through the book before the final edit and made some changes to streamline the rules and the data cards. One thing we did was remove the auxiliary systems, leaving only weapon systems and SAs. There have been some other refinements as well but I will wait for the book to hit the "shelves" to see where we improved things...but here is the entry for the improved breeder:

Improved Breeder

The SA Improved Breeder replaces a model’s main power source with a larger unit, providing more power and increasing a model’s base MV by (+2).

Range: NA

Hard-Point Cost: 1 HP

Model Restrictions: Aircraft, CAV, and vehicle models only.

Threat Point Cost: 0 TVP

Just weighing in to say I very much like the hard distinction between weapon capabilities.  In CAV 1, it didn't seem to matter much what any weapon was since with the exception of IFMs they didn't do anything special.  An LBG with range 24 that starts at 4/2 was identical to it's PBG equivalent in all but name.  

As for the radical paradigm shift of the Adonese, I agree it's pretty shocking, but it also seems really characterful to turn the space elves into high-powered bushwhackers - a real "they're coming out of the walls!" sort of army that slinks around in heavy cover and then pops out with devastating firepower. Hopefully, their faction doctrines will enhance that prospect - especially since I've got all these dang Challengers sitting here ready for paint!  

I'm trying to think now if each army has some sort of preferred weaponry, though the more I think on it, it seems like only Adon is PBG-heavy while everyone else is a little more balanced.  Terrans kind of seem like missile enthusiasts, but on the other hand I'm hard pressed to think of who would be the "laser army" or something like that.  Of course, I'm also kind of hung over right now and wouldn't describe my thinking as top-notch...

• Like 1

After feedback from the pdf, we went back through the book before the final edit and made some changes to streamline the rules and the data cards. One thing we did was remove the auxiliary systems, leaving only weapon systems and SAs. There have been some other refinements as well but I will wait for the book to hit the "shelves" to see where we improved things...but here is the entry for the improved breeder:

Improved Breeder

The SA Improved Breeder replaces a model’s main power source with a larger unit, providing more power and increasing a model’s base MV by (+2).

Range: NA

Hard-Point Cost: 1 HP

Model Restrictions: Aircraft, CAV, and vehicle models only.

Threat Point Cost: 0 TVP

I only ask because 2 of the new cards have it under SA (the wight and cougar) and I didn't see any description. Thanks for the response Cavboss!

I'm trying to think now if each army has some sort of preferred weaponry, though the more I think on it, it seems like only Adon is PBG-heavy while everyone else is a little more balanced.  Terrans kind of seem like missile enthusiasts, but on the other hand I'm hard pressed to think of who would be the "laser army" or something like that.  Of course, I'm also kind of hung over right now and wouldn't describe my thinking as top-notch...

Ritterlich favors Gauss weaponry fairly heavily, but I agree that most others are fairly well-distributed.

• Like 1