Sign in to follow this  
Arc 724

The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies

Didn't see any post about this:

Going to see it NOW at the 7:50 showing here in Birmingham! Will life be the same after tonight? I think not!

• Like 1

the book is 50+ years old, if you haven't read it by now bah, spoilers away.

There is a battle

there are 5 armies in the battle

Bilbo is there

he makes it back home (this could be inferred from him being in the shire at the start of The Fellowship of the Ring)

Edited to capitalize the proper name.

Edited by FaekiasDracon
  • Like 7

It's also, what, the last chapter in the book? It's almost all denouement.

Smaug gets kilt and the five armies squabble over who gets the loot. Bilbo makes peace but Thorin is mad at him. A distressing number of the thirteen dwarves die in battle. Bilbo goes back home wealthy beyond avarice. The end.

Anything else is padding, wadding, extraneous fake character inserts, Hollywoodisms and lies.

Gosh darn you, Peter Jackson!

• Like 6

Yeah, I'm going to go see it to complete the cycle, but im not happy about it.

I could spend pages ranting about it, but I'll spare you all the grief. And I really liked his handling of LotR. Go figure...

• Like 4

I sort of enjoyed it. It's nice to see the Elves and Dwarves in action, and I quite like that the men from the North, in contrast to the Gondorians, looked ragged and ramshackled.

I thought the Orcs sucked, too CGI and with ridiculous amounts of armour, they looked more like robots than orcs.

I enjoyed it though, a great Christmas fantasy romp.

• Like 3

I  enjoyed it. It's nice to see the Elves and Dwarves in action, and I quite like that the men from the North, in contrast to the Gondorians, looked ragged and ramshackled.

I thought the Orcs sucked, too CGI and with ridiculous amounts of armour, they looked more like robots than orcs.

I enjoyed it though, a great Christmas fantasy romp.

I thought it was better than Desolation.  I kept wanting characters to survive I knew were going to die (I assumed they would followed the book).

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this