Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Bedlam

What I want (from Reaper) for Christmas

Y'know, Reaper's been very good about Christmas miniatures lately. Jason Wiebe's Santa dwarves are great, we have Gene's original Santa (which is easily converted to Zombie Santa, btw), the Santa Mouseling, the new Elf girl, the Nativity, which continues to be expanded... yeah, Reaper's pretty much on top of their holiday promotions. I hope it's profitable. It's certainly fun.

So, naturally, I want more.

I really like the new Santa Dwarf, with candy cane and axe. The trouble is, it doesn't go far enough.

I have decided I want a completely over-the-top Simon Bisley style barbarian, with muscles on his muscles, an entire bearskin for a kilt, mighty axe in hand, foam upon his shrieking lips, eyeballs bugged so big I can paint the little veins on them... wearing a Santa hat.

Beard optional. Make it a detachable piece, even, sold with the barbarian; add it or leave it off, as you wish. 

I mean, think about it. Who wouldn't want one of THOSE in his collection, with the Ral Partha Killer Rabbits and GW Thruds?

The concept is expandable. The following year, release a Chainmail Bikini variant, also with Santa hat, sword in hand, snarl on lips, and built in such a way as to drive the feminists crazy. Over the top! And the year after THAT, just rerelease one of the Warlord Yetis, but with big cartoon eyes and sharky teeth, as a Christmas Bumble! And the year after that, an over-the-top attacking ungulate, fangs so big he can't close his mouth! Reaper would call it Dire Reindeer, of course, but WE'D know it was Dread Rudolph, and paint him accordingly...

I ask no compensation for the idea; I offer it freely and without claim. As a writer, I've been approached by those what say "Howbout I tell you my story, and you do all the work of writing the book and making it cool and readable and coherent, and then we split the $ fifty-fifty?" Yeah, right. No, take it and run with....

...what time is it?

Good lord, I haven't had my coffee and medication yet...

• Like 7

I want Santa, Mrs. Claus, and Elves all armed with modern weaponry. And a Lee Majors figure with a Minigun.

• Like 7

I want Santa, Mrs. Claus, and Elves all armed with modern weaponry. And a Lee Majors figure with a Minigun.

This cries out to be used in a wargame. Krampus and his minions unvade the North Pole...
  • Like 8

All the holiday Sophies in Bones so they can hang on the tree....

You could string them like popcorn ...

• Like 4

All the holiday Sophies in Bones so they can hang on the tree....

I would hang them from a string of christmas lights and hang them over my work area. 

• Like 4

...I rather LIKE the idea of "Strong Jawed Action Hero In Santa Disguise (with optional Santa hat) and Minigun."

Reaper already makes a Krampus, though. Still one of their finest business decisions.

• Like 4

This cries out to be used in a wargame. Krampus and his minions unvade the North Pole...

That could be their next kickstarter!

• Like 3

Some "holiday" accessories we can add to the goblins and other monsters..... in bones

ie candy canes, festive looking weapons, santa hats etc.....

• Like 2

Well, at the moment, all I wanted was a crazed barbarian in a Santa hat.

But I wouldn't say no to all the rest...

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this