CAV Bones Ace Level Compatability Matrix (for kitbashing)

Pegazus

Hey all, I apologize up front because I can't recall who or what thread talked about swapping torsos, arms, and legs, so I can't give credit for the idea. I spent a little time with the eight CAV from the Ace Level reward box seeing which ones would fit with what. And so here's the two charts I made that I'm releasing into the wild. No guarantee I've done things right, so use my guide at your own risk.

First up is the Torso and Legs chart. Green is good, Orange will need some work, and Red isn't recommended. Biggest issue I saw was that the Halberd's arms are very long compared to the others, so while they'll work, they may not fit very well. Swing the torso and the arms hit something, in other words. And while I state that the Razor's legs don't work, it just means that there's some large gaps that would be visible.

TorsoandLegs_zps678e9b08.png

Second is the Torso and Arms chart. Mind you, I didn't bother to check the swapped arms on a torso versus the legs from above. I just don't think I can stand to spend that much time working that out. I omitted the Tiamat and the Razor from the chart because they don't have holes to attach arms. I did play to see if the Tiamat could have some arms, should you be willing to convert it that far and remove the pins from everything, but I'm not charting that up.

TorsoandArms_zpsf8fbb4dc.png

There appears to be quite a bit of swappable parts, especially if you're okay with re-pinning. My curiosity had got the better of me and I've been itching to do this for a week or so, and spent time I could have been painting on doing this. Funny how I'm avoiding painting like it's homework not due for a while.

EDIT: Removed the error pictures and added the correct ones. The Conqueror is NOT part of the first 8, the Specter is. I've now changed the names to be correct.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 2

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete and total DERP on my part. The Conqueror should be the Specter. I can't read a image to save my life it seems. The Specter is in the first 8, not the conqueror. I'll have to fix that.

EDIT: Fixed. Removed the error pictures and added the correct ones to the initial post.. The Conqueror is NOT part of the first 8, the Specter is. I've now changed the names to be correct.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 1

This is pretty cool!

Something to keep in mind is that you can always mod your CAVs by replacing the existing pegs with your own system.  The second "grey" generation may have better interchangeability.  I know it was discussed but I don't know if it went any further than that.

• Like 3