The ReaperCon site

Pingo

If last year is pretense, yes. Both the banquets include paint...last year was six bottles each I think it was

I think we can only go by what they officially tell us or appears on the website so far.  I am sure they will be teasing us as the time marches toward ReaperCon.  What I see so far from the website is:

Each banquet has a $25 gift certificate for the ReaperCon store, 3 exclusive paint colors, a resin mini and 100 ReaperBucks (and a meal of course).

The bronze pass gives a swag bag (contents to be seen yet other than 100 ReaperBucks) and a 4 day admission.

The silver gives the bronze level rewards, a silver resin mini, meet & greet ticket, 4 box lunches and 250 more ReaperBucks.

The gold level gives all of silver level rewards, a gold level resin mini, 3 new paints, both banquets, and 250 more bonus ReaperBucks (for a total bonus of 500).

That's what I see on the ReaperCon site so far!

• Like 2

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's something in my gut..that tells me there will be a gold paint. 

I don't know why. o_o and I feel like it's going to be in the gold level bag.....

Oooo, I hope so!! I NEEDS ALL THE SHINY METALLIC PAINTSES, PRECIOUS!!

*cough*

I mean, I do love me some metallics!! Especially if they're anything like Clockwork Brass, mmm.  :wub:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

• Artists

Don't quote me on this, I do not have any insider information on this topic whatsoever! IIRC, last year's banquet paints were all limited edition paints, but they were not all NEW limited edition paints. I believe there were three new colours last year, in the Western theme, but I do not recall if they were given out in all the convention bags, or at the banquets. (If I had to guess, I'd say the convention bags.) The other paints were 'reprints' of limited edition paints from previous ReaperCons or other similar events.

If tradition holds, I'd expect 1-3 brand new paint colours, and that these will probably be in the main convention bags. Likely the banquet paints will be (or at least include) reprints. So still paints you can't easily get in other ways, but if you attended banquets last year, you might get some dupes, since there aren't that many more than 12 limited edition paints that have ever been made.

I only mention because if people are buying banquet tickets in large part for paint, I don't want them to be bummed out if they get some of the same colours as last year. I think pics and stuff went up a little bit beforehand last year, and hopefully that will happen again so you know what you're getting.

• Like 5

For wednesday, does anyone plan to go to the cook out at Reaper? We'd like to go but wont have a car. @_@ 

Since I grabbed a gold pass i got a ticket for this but not sure I was going to head out there since I may be driving out that way Thursday for a class or two and then every day after.  That is a lot of driving. Maybe I can tell the wife she can drop me off and I will just a room for 4 days. :)

• Like 2

Don't quote me on this, I do not have any insider information on this topic whatsoever! IIRC, last year's banquet paints were all limited edition paints, but they were not all NEW limited edition paints. I believe there were three new colours last year, in the Western theme, but I do not recall if they were given out in all the convention bags, or at the banquets. (If I had to guess, I'd say the convention bags.) The other paints were 'reprints' of limited edition paints from previous ReaperCons or other similar events.

If tradition holds, I'd expect 1-3 brand new paint colours, and that these will probably be in the main convention bags. Likely the banquet paints will be (or at least include) reprints. So still paints you can't easily get in other ways, but if you attended banquets last year, you might get some dupes, since there aren't that many more than 12 limited edition paints that have ever been made.

I only mention because if people are buying banquet tickets in large part for paint, I don't want them to be bummed out if they get some of the same colours as last year. I think pics and stuff went up a little bit beforehand last year, and hopefully that will happen again so you know what you're getting.

So what you're saying is....it is highly possible for me to gain a collection of Carnival Purple? Because that would be FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

There were 4 special edition paint sets available last year at Reapercon:

Set 1: Deadrose Red, Powderburn Brown, Carnival Purple

Set 2: Christmas Wreath, Bubblegum Pink, Pirate Gold

Set 3: Ginger Cookie, Big Top Red, Clear Sea

Set 4: Clockwork Brass, Reptilian Green, Breast Cancer Pink

Plus the three convention paints: Rattlesnake Leather, Desert Sky, Cactus Flower.

IIRC, there were 2 sets of paint, plus minis in each of the banquet bags last year.  Plus they made the sets available for sale at the booth for those that didn't go to the banquet, or wanted more of those sets.

• Like 7

Plus the three convention paints: Rattlesnake Leather, Desert Sky, Cactus Flower.

IIRC, there were 2 sets of paint, plus minis in each of the banquet bags last year.  Plus they made the sets available for sale at the booth for those that didn't go to the banquet, or wanted more of those sets.

...There's a chance that the Limited Edition paints will be available for sale???!?!?!!?

::o:  :wow:  :bday:

*wallet weeps gently*

Huzzah!

• Like 1

Ah but nice thing about the banquet deals. Buy 1, get your goodies. Use your gift certificate to buy either the paints or mini from the other banquet.

Wallet smiles.....till you find that limited edition never will be produce mini staring at you by the register. .......

• Like 2

​

IIRC, there were 2 sets of paint, plus minis in each of the banquet bags last year. Plus they made the sets available for sale at the booth for those that didn't go to the banquet, or wanted more of those sets.

...There's a chance that the Limited Edition paints will be available for sale???!?!?!!?

::o::wow::bday:

*wallet weeps gently*

Huzzah!

There were Limited Edition paints available last year. That is not a guarantee that those, or any other version of a set, will be available this year. It may have been an experiment, or left over stock from previous years. It would be awesome, but because it happened last year, is not a guarantee that it will happen again this year.

Banquet sets were NOT for sale.....

My credit card statement seems to think otherwise.

They were made available for sale Saturday night at the convention only, not online, until supplies ran out. I believe I snagged mine Sunday morning.

Edited by Qwyksilver
  • Like 2