The ReaperCon site

Pingo

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good. I've almost got enough set aside now to cover the hotel rooms. Just need to get the rest of my money issues sorted and passport, and this should all be in the bag.

& this year I will remember who you are!!! ha ha

My roommate was gonna do the booking but since I'm stayin a day later we decided itd be best if I did it instead. No worries.

It was around the 15th (tomorrow) right?

It's $108 for Wednesday night, but $80 a night for Thurs Night-Sun Night.

Is this still accurate? I just made my reservation and the hotel said the negotiated rate was $109 for all five days.

That's very weird. I got quoted less than $80 on my reservation, with the emailed confirmation to boot afterwards.

Makes me wonder if they stuck me in a group I wasn't supposed to be in. Hope I'm not taking up a room I wasn't supposed to be in. The lady making my reservation in the middle of the night seemed national not local.

Interesting.  We do have a separate code for our staff/employees.  This is a possibility.  I would not know where to begin with fixing this, to be honest, nor would I enjoy being responsible for forcing you into a higher rate.

Just reserved over the phone.

Tell them right away you're there for ReaperCon or they'll say they only have certain rooms left for reservation.

Other then that smooth sailing (109 for Weds, 80 for the rest of the stay, just like it suppose to be).

Tell them right away you're there for ReaperCon or they'll say they only have certain rooms left for reservation.

Other then that smooth sailing (109 for Weds, 80 for the rest of the stay, just like it suppose to be).

I just did this moments ago and got the 109 / 80 rate from Wednesday thru Sunday.  No snags or problems making the reservation at all.  They did say there were TWO Reaper codes.  One was "ST", so I assumed that meant "Staff".  So I went with the other and got the 109/80 rate.

Bryan, I don't want to be responsible for taking a room some staff member should have had, forcing the poor soul to wander the streets with nothing but a blanket made of discarded napkins to keep warm. It'd be entertaining for sure, but eventually they'd grow a hobo beard (and I'm including the possibility of a female soul here) and jump me from behind a tree or bush, gnawing off my right ear and stealing whatever Reaper loot I'd collected.

That loot will be important since I'll use it to deflect some if the hatred the offspring will have since I'm not letting them go since they'd be missing school.

And even though I'm attached to it in more ways than one, the ear is an acceptable trade for an awesome story to tell at bars and to grandchildren. The right one is my favorite, but that'd be the one they'd go for. Nothing I can do about that.

But in all seriousness, I'm fine with fixing my reservation to be the proper one. Or, cleaning off a table or two on Sunday afternoon. Doesn't bother me either way.

• Like 2

I just did this moments ago and got the 109 / 80 rate from Wednesday thru Sunday.  No snags or problems making the reservation at all.  They did say there were TWO Reaper codes.  One was "ST", so I assumed that meant "Staff".  So I went with the other and got the 109/80 rate.

I could barely understand the guy on the other side but again, no problems till after I got the email confirm & that was more or less to switch around some options. No worries. I'm set.

Bryan, I don't want to be responsible for taking a room some staff member should have had, forcing the poor soul to wander the streets with nothing but a blanket made of discarded napkins to keep warm. It'd be entertaining for sure, but eventually they'd grow a hobo beard (and I'm including the possibility of a female soul here) and jump me from behind a tree or bush, gnawing off my right ear and stealing whatever Reaper loot I'd collected.

That loot will be important since I'll use it to deflect some if the hatred the offspring will have since I'm not letting them go since they'd be missing school.

And even though I'm attached to it in more ways than one, the ear is an acceptable trade for an awesome story to tell at bars and to grandchildren. The right one is my favorite, but that'd be the one they'd go for. Nothing I can do about that.

But in all seriousness, I'm fine with fixing my reservation to be the proper one. Or, cleaning off a table or two on Sunday afternoon. Doesn't bother me either way.

Appreciated.  I'm sure the woman on the phone just gave you the Staff rate by mistake.

Called yesterday and couldn't understand the woman on the phone so I gave up.

Called today at got my room and was asked if I was staff or an attendee.  Rate was 109/80.  Tried to get a state rate for Wednesday but they said "no".