The ReaperCon site

Pingo

Called yesterday and couldn't understand the woman on the phone so I gave up.

Called today at got my room and was asked if I was staff or an attendee.  Rate was 109/80.  Tried to get a state rate for Wednesday but they said "no".

The 109 rate is darn good compared to the standard rate.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Called today at got my room and was asked if I was staff or an attendee.  Rate was 109/80.  Tried to get a state rate for Wednesday but they said "no".

What's a state rate?

What's a state rate?

A state rate is a discount most hotels offer state employees with an ID.  The rate varies from hotel to hotel, starting around $85.

I booked my hotel and the woman was a delight!  We ended up talking on the phone for 15 minutes about the weather up north as she used to live close to the CDN border.

I am very happy the convention is back at this Hilton.  The staff are great.

• Like 4

With the snafu this morning and a smallish error I have inadvertently introduced into the reaper con code, I will not be getting the admission tickets up today as hoped.

It is, as I say, a small error, but it vexes me so.  And it means I'm not going to make deadline.  Alas, it's one tiny bug in the very last step of authentication. If I can debug this we can go live after a few tests.

So I've decided to go even though I don't really have the money to. Anyone want to split a room with me? Fair warning: I have been told I snore.

Figures you'd go & I wouldn't do the Utah route this year. ..::):. Glad you're coming down again.

I had one banquet and all the box lunches last year.  I thought the banquet was very good and the box lunches were somewhere between adequate and good.  I liked them, the food I had was high quality, and the convenience was nice, but to me it wasn't quite as nice as I'd have expected for a $12.00 sammich :-)

In regards to hotel reservations and the variance in stories here, I found out the hard way last year that all staff at this hotel are not created equally.  Call #1 I got offered the staff price without a code.  I had to insist I wasn't staff, she said it was the only code she had for Reaper.  Came here and found out the price was wrong.  Call #2 Fellow was competent but told me that I would have to pay the higher price for Thursday and 80 for the rest of the week.  I made the reservation and looked into the dates again to be sure I was right.  Call #3 Person adjusted it to reflect the correct price for Thursday with some excuse about Reaper not having "blocked the additional day" until later.

So if you feel the employee was incorrect, just hang up and call another day to make your reservations.  Seems the easier way to go.

• Like 2

So I've decided to go even though I don't really have the money to. Anyone want to split a room with me? Fair warning: I have been told I snore.

Figures you'd go & I wouldn't do the Utah route this year. .. ::):. Glad you're coming down again.

You came through Utah last year didn't you? I remember seeing that and thinking I should find a way to sneak on with you....

• Like 2