Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Where has all the metal gone?

I have three FLGS within driving distance.  One has gone over to 90% Bones, 10% metal and carries all the paint lines except Reaper.  the other is relatively new, has a ton of old reaper DHL stock (they bought out a store that went OOB) and only AP and GW paint.  I have not been to store #3 yet.  I may check them out today while I am up that way.

I would welcome you to make the FLGS aware that they can return unsold Reaper product for credit towards paint or just for newer (and more likely to sell) miniatures. To do this they need simply contact us by phone or [email protected]

We will walk them through the process of returning the aged unselling stock and replacing it with something that can turn them a steady profit.

Maybe I'll let my LGS know too. They have a few blister packs which have more than a few layers of tape on their tops and staples to try to keep them on the pegs.

• Like 2

After languishing locally for most of the decade, 40k has picked up again thanks to the newest comic shop owner.  In response the FLGS has restocked their 40k line and has a nice shiny new GW paint rack as their only paint line. 

Their ratio of bones to metal is about 50:50, but I don't remember how much space they had dedicated to Reaper pre-Bones.  Some of the metal is old, so I might mention the restock program if I happen to remember when I'm next there.

The upside is that they make "special requests" pretty painless and items arrive within 3-7 days unless it's out of stock at their gaming distributor.  Sometimes it's at MSRP, and sometimes they give me a slight discount, but I've never figured out why it's one or the other. :huh:

Edited by Auberon
  • Like 1

My local FLGS carries a good assortment of metal and bones. Bones are slowly taking over, but there is still a good selection of the newer figures.

What I would like them to update is their paint selection. They have an old small rack with the tannish/yellow labels that are taped on... Trying to get them to order the vendor paint package is getting frustrating. They want to order thru ACD, but ACD says it is out of stock, and has been for a long time (April 2014). They know they could order direct from Reaper, but they want the order to go thru ACD to get the quantities/dollar discount for the order. :(

I hope Bryan's comment on the paint set is to get more distributors to carry them, or even the possibility of the distributor receiving the order and Reaper drop shopping the paint sets directly to the FLGS... Win win as far as I am concerned...

Most of the time when a Distributor orders a Rack Deal we do a Drop Ship of the item directly to the retailer. This is common for us, and we are happy to do it.

::o:  You guys have drop ships?!?!?

28mm or life-sized?  :B):

• Like 6

We are also seeing a good growth spike in Paint and will be working more assertively next year to get MSP into more stores.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter...

Most of the time when a Distributor orders a Rack Deal we do a Drop Ship of the item directly to the retailer. This is common for us, and we are happy to do it.

Are these the same Rack Deals you have on the website?  As long as the distributor doesn't wait to combine it with their regular orders, I may be better off doing it through them...

Side note, you changed the Bones Rack Deals recently, messing up my plans.  *shakes fist*

... return unsold Reaper product for credit towards paint or just for newer (and more likely to sell) miniatures. 

I can probably find a few that I should return...

• Like 5

My Friendly sorta local game store got rid of most of it's metal stock a while back and only recently started carrying reaper bones and a few reaper metal pathfinder minis. They used to have several walls of many differenent companies but then the owners sold the store and the new owner cleared it out. I think it may have been to much of loss prevention issue. That store got shoplifted a lot and metal minis were easy to sneak out.

They also only carry GW paint but used to carry reaper pro paint until that line ended.

Edited by EvilJames
  • Like 1

My FLGS has always stocked the new releases from Reaper.  But with only contractually obligatory releases in metal, there are many empty pegs on the shelf and Reaper is seriously in danger of loosing shelf space.

• Like 1

I have a couple of current LGSs, though only one is Friendly. One only carries GW and Privateer Press products, and is largely comic-centric. The other carries mostly wargaming stuff, but could probably be convinced to pick up some Reaper product. I'm going to have to give them a few hints.

• Like 1

Are these the same Rack Deals you have on the website?  As long as the distributor doesn't wait to combine it with their regular orders, I may be better off doing it through them...

Side note, you changed the Bones Rack Deals recently, messing up my plans.  *shakes fist*

Yes, the same rack deals as on our website. We change the SKUs that belong to each rack every spring, to keep the contents relevant with current trends and recent sales data (increasing the likelihood of the product on the rack being in demand and selling well for you).  It is possible at this time of year to order a rack expecting one group of contents and for us to change the contents by the time it gets to our packing crew, so what you get is what is new for FY 2015,  not what was presented the day you ordered.  The odds of this are low, however.

Thanks.  The change was mostly groan inducing, since I spent time figuring out which Rack Deal worked better for me and then the rack deals went from A or B to All or Top 50, not something I ordered and showed up different...

I needed to do inventory anyway.

Anything new hitting my FLGS would be nice. They had three or four gondolas of Reaper stock prior to the first Bones Kickstarter. These days it's a ragtag assortment over the same space. They tell me that the distrubors aren't getting anything from you guys. I know it's on your end because my FLGS can get me anything else I want but your products. They even tell me that folks can't get much by ordering straight from you. Start bringing your A game.

Anything new hitting my FLGS would be nice. They had three or four gondolas of Reaper stock prior to the first Bones Kickstarter. These days it's a ragtag assortment over the same space. They tell me that the distrubors aren't getting anything from you guys. I know it's on your end because my FLGS can get me anything else I want but your products. They even tell me that folks can't get much by ordering straight from you. Start bringing your A game.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or trolling. Every time I've ordered directly from Reaper, I get my product in a few days. And I order waaaayyy to much stuff. And don't forget that most stores get their product through a distributer.

Anyway, on topic: I'd like to see hobgoblin spellcasters.

• Like 5

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or trolling. Every time I've ordered directly from Reaper, I get my product in a few days. And I order waaaayyy to much stuff. And don't forget that most stores get their product through a distributer.

+1

Try placing an order direct with Reaper and see how fast you get it. I usually get my stuff within three days, and I'm in the Land of Liquid Sunshine, Washington State. Your LGS is lying to you.

• Like 6

My FLGS has three long rows of Reaper minis, including the newest ones, and can order me anything Reaper has lickety-split.

I think yours is not being honest with you.

• Like 6