Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

We have tickets for  Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. Looking forward to that. 

Was talking with DH, and I don't think we ever saw Justice league, so we're going to try and find that to watch over the weekend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loim said:

I watched Outlaw King on Netflix. Story about Robert the Bruce. Not a cinematic masterpiece, but a pretty decent watch. I don't know all the history, but I know of a few spots where they took a few minor liberties, but overall it seems to be much more historically accurate than Braveheart (low bar I know). I enjoyed it.  

I was pleasantly surprised by Chris Pines Scottish accent, apparently he tested it out by going to pubs after filming ::D:

My homeland really looked amazing though  :wub:

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Loim said:

I watched Outlaw King on Netflix. Story about Robert the Bruce. Not a cinematic masterpiece, but a pretty decent watch. I don't know all the history, but I know of a few spots where they took a few minor liberties, but overall it seems to be much more historically accurate than Braveheart (low bar I know). I enjoyed it.  

I really liked Braveheart until I learned the history. Now it's just a good fantasy film for me. Just watched Outlaw King and liked it. Seen better, seen a lot worse.

6 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I was pleasantly surprised by Chris Pines Scottish accent, apparently he tested it out by going to pubs after filming ::D:

My homeland really looked amazing though  :wub:

Really got to get to the ancient homeland someday. It's been high on my wish list for most of my life but haven't made it yet. Some friends of ours lived near Edinburgh for a couple of years and liked that area.

• Like 4

On 11/4/2018 at 2:31 PM, PaganMegan said:

Did anyone else celebrate the great Halloween/Christmas Transition Tradition this year? ::):

[youtube]https://youtu.be/vHLgob-PpIk?t=53[/youtube]

LOOOVE that movie!

The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of the movies I watch a few times through the year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Watched Antman and Wasp recently. Not the worst Marvel movie and not the best. Would watch it again.

36 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Watched the Tomb Raider reboot.

Not sure why it got criticised so much, seemed like a decent action film to me.

I agree. I loved the movie. Alicia Vikander was a total badelf. My impression of why it received so much flack was because her "tracts of land" weren't large enough. <_<

It also had Daniel Wu, who has become a favorite since watching Into the Badlands.

• Like 3

Saw Bohemian Rhapsody today. Enjoyed it. Wife did too, and I was worried about that. She has trouble with British accents sometimes. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Saw Bohemian Rhapsody today. Enjoyed it. Wife did too, and I was worried about that. She has trouble with British accents sometimes. 

So do I, my dear chap, so do I... ::P:

• Like 4

Hubby and I just watched The Meg. I enjoyed it more than I expected. They did a really good job of building tension into jump scares. Also, it was pretty funny. Definitely a quotable movie.

• Like 1

Crimes of Grindelwald was entertaining. You need to have seen the previous movie to follow this one. I have lots to say about it but don't want to spoil it.  It's a darker movie in both look and feel,  and may not appeal to kids who have not read the series.  There are no child characters and fewer cute funny animal scenes.  Die hard Rowling fans will love it, others may not feel that way. 

• Like 2

Watched The Grand Budapest Hotel on Saturday morning. It was quite good (and obviously a Wes Anderson film). Weird, of course, but enjoyable. 

The ski chase had me giggling. 

Then in the evening we finally watched Despicable Me 3. Which was fun and funny. Loved the unicorn :lol:

• Like 3

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

I'd forgotten how truly awful tv sci-fi was in the 70's.  I remember when this came out. I knew it was bad at the time, but watched it every week, regardless. It was what we had. 

• Like 4