Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

On 12/8/2018 at 7:38 AM, Crowley said:

Yup!! Really looking forward to that too!!

(also need to still see Antman and Wasp. :unsure:)

So much shame... 

I haven't seen Doctor Strange, or... Pretty much anything after Civil War.  Well, I saw infinity whatever, since we got free movie passes (Thanks Google, now give us local guides another freebie please, doubly so since you send several emails a month begging us to contribute more!)... 

So yeah, technically I'm behind, what, six movies now? 

• Like 2

Just got back from Big Screen Showing of White Christmas.

All the little details on things like costuming are so much easier to see on the Big Screen.  Might have to actually consider the Movie Room option in the Clayton Modular Homes we looked at mid-week for an option for when we move to Nevada.

Besides, the room would make such a fantastic craft and gaming room.

GEM

• Like 5

My girl normally doesn't like to visit movies, and I hate 3D movies, so mostly I get the stuff I want on DVD.

But..

Yesterday my girl informed me that she is going to take me to Bohemian Rhapsody.

Probably in a week or two.

Looking forward to see that. No 3D and Queen!

• Like 6

Gods above and below, I am starting to hate 3D... Though I did really like the way it was used in Monsters vs. Aliens, with the most purposely gratuitous use of 3D, right at the beginning. Kind of mocking the way 3D is used... (A guy playing with a paddle ball.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 4

Just got back from watching Ralph Breaks the Internet. Liked it a lot, had a couple little problems, but overall it was a lot of fun. Loved Yes, loved the princesses, loved the silly song.

With regards to the end credits scene:

10/10 would be burned by this user again :lol:

• Like 4

We watched the Accident Man this week, we really enjoyed it. A mix of dark comedy and action, very violent.  Great stunts.  If you like action movies I recommend it.  

• Like 4

We saw Bohemian Rhapsody today.

I loved it!

Good story, good music and goosebumps were had at moments.

• Like 5

On 11/14/2018 at 10:09 PM, Loim said:

The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of the movies I watch a few times through the year.

One of the ones we watch every year, along with Hogfather.

Corpse Bride is also great.

And then there is The Lion in Winter. Not my favorite, but solid. Grump LOVES that movie.

On 12/10/2018 at 12:26 PM, Pegazus said:

Son and wife both have astigmatism, which makes 3D movies difficult for them to watch. Haven’t missed it.

Alice in Wonderland made me sick in 3D. :angry:

I SOOO wanted to like that movie. And am SOOO pissed with Burton that it isn't even funny!

• Like 2

One of the reasons we rarely go to movies these days is the idea that everything needs to be in 3D.

I hate it.

Oh well...

So glad this one wasn't in 3d.

• Like 3

Watched Incredibles 2 the other night. While I throughly enjoyed the movie, the plot was very predictable (I had the villian picked out the moment they stepped in the room) & it followed the current Disney trend when it comes to their popular "boys only" movies.

That being said I loved the animation & the characters. I also loved that it continued pretty much right as the 1st one ended. The oddball supers would make for a interesting night of GURPS supers. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, haldir said:

Watched Incredibles 2 the other night. While I throughly enjoyed the movie, the plot was very predictable (I had the villian picked out the moment they stepped in the room) & it followed the current Disney trend when it comes to their popular "boys only" movies.

That being said I loved the animation & the characters. I also loved that it continued pretty much right as the 1st one ended. The oddball supers would make for a interesting night of GURPS supers. 

We watched this last weekend too. I'm pretty sure it lit the fire under Hubby's butt to run a superhero game :lol: or it added fuel. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, haldir said:

We watched both 1 and 2 in the last few days, a good time was had by all.

• Like 4

Watch Antman and Wasp the other day.  It was a good movie, but I didn't enjoy it near as much as I thought I would.  Not sure why.  I was sad when I saw Stan Lee's cameo.  I'm sure I would have laughed my butt off if he were still with us.  I've just realized that we don't have many left to look forward to.

• Like 4

On 12/7/2018 at 10:23 PM, Inarah said:

Tonight we watched Kurt Russell as Santa in A Christmas Chronicle.  "If there's one thing reindeer can smell, it's fear."

Seriously though, fun family movie.  The jail scene rocks. For real. 

We really enjoyed this movie. Kurt Russel was a hoot and the kids had great performance. 

So I just saw the trailer for the new Hellboy movie. I don't know why, but I got a feeling of "meh" and that I am going to miss Ron Perlman in the role. https://youtu.be/d8VL5VZ__n0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1