Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

We watched Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle the other night - not bad. ::):

Back when the first Jumani was out, some of the folks I know tried to work out what Spheres from Mage: the Awakening would have been used to make the game.... Now they have added at least four pips of Time. ::P:

The game does not play fair, and definitely plays favorites.

The Auld Grump - but, hey, who doesn't have a weakness for Cake?...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chrome said:

My son's favorite movies are the LotR trilogy and as he's 18 he's never seen them in the theater. Our local Alamo is playing a marathon of all 3 extended versions next month and I bought us tickets. 750 minutes - 12 1/2 hours - of movies. Can't say I've ever done anything like this in my life, or would normally even consider it. I must love this kid. :poke:

I wisely bought seats on the end of the aisle so I can get up and go walk down the hall whenever I need to. At 47, the ol' bladder isn't what it used to be! :lol:

I did that when Return Of The King was released. The movie theater ran out of food, and allowed people to bring in whatever, and even told them where all the local fast food places are. 

It was a very long, butt numbing, amazing event. 

I'm not sure I'd do it again! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We watched 13 Assassins.  I see what they tried to do there, but boy it got really stupid in places. I'd give it a "just ok" rating. 

23 hours ago, Crowley said:

I did that when Return Of The King was released. The movie theater ran out of food, and allowed people to bring in whatever, and even told them where all the local fast food places are. 

It was a very long, butt numbing, amazing event. 

I'm not sure I'd do it again! :lol:

I could only wish that they'd let us bring in our own food. I'm positive that The Alamo won't run out of food, and at around $14/meal/person it is going to be an expensive afternoon. And I've gotta pay for hourly parking too boot.

As for it being butt numbing, at least this theater has recliners, so I'll be able to adjust my position from time to time. I suppose my biggest fear should be falling asleep sometime in the middle of Two Towers and starting to snore! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Chrome said:

I could only wish that they'd let us bring in our own food. I'm positive that The Alamo won't run out of food, and at around $14/meal/person it is going to be an expensive afternoon. And I've gotta pay for hourly parking too boot.

As for it being butt numbing, at least this theater has recliners, so I'll be able to adjust my position from time to time. I suppose my biggest fear should be falling asleep sometime in the middle of Two Towers and starting to snore! :lol:

The theater I saw it in did not have nice seats... 

Hourly parking too? Uff... Are they doing hour long intermissions between movies like mine did? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chrome said:

I also did this when RotK came out. A walking geek stereotype I can describe only as a sweat golem managed to drop a full tub of heavily over buttered popcorn on my head just as Fellowship started... So much of the experience was awesome, tempered by discomfort.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

The theater I saw it in did not have nice seats... 

Hourly parking too? Uff... Are they doing hour long intermissions between movies like mine did? 

Looks like maybe 30 minutes between movies, but I'm just guessing based on what I can find for individual run times compared to the total run time they listed.

And yeah, this theater isn't at a mall so you have to park at the nearby lot. The first 3 hours are free so typically you don't have to pay to go see a movie, but I'll have to pay for the balance on this one.

• Like 3

Just back from the cinema. We had tickets for tonights midnight showing of Endgame, but my friend got called into work and she doesn't think that she'll be out in time ::(:

Luckily, I managed to exchange them for tomorrows 8am showing instead. Sooo relieved ::D:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Just back from the cinema. We had tickets for tonights midnight showing of Endgame, but my friend got called into work and she doesn't think that she'll be out in time ::(:

Luckily, I managed to exchange them for tomorrows 8am showing instead. Sooo relieved ::D:

Congrats! [I hate you......whimper]

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Corsair said:

Congrats! [I hate you......whimper]

Well, you did get Bones 4 stuff before me, so I consider us even :poke:

Just out of the cinema, really can't give a review without giving away major spoilers. Let's just say that if you liked the last few films, you'll love this.

I know I did, I'm going to see it again as soon as I can ::D:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 hours till Endgame...

Maybe I'll just stay off the wider net till then

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Well, you did get Bones 4 stuff before me, so I consider us even :poke:

Just out of the cinema, really can't give a review without giving away major spoilers. Let's just say that if you liked the last few films, you'll love this.

I know I did, I'm going to see it again as soon as I can ::D:

I've got a ticket for Saturday afternoon!  How necessary is watching "Ant Man and the Wasp" before this?  I've seen everything else.

(And I almost asked about Aunt Man and the Wasp. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Crowley said:

35 hours till Endgame...

Maybe I'll just stay off the wider net till then

Probably a wise course of action!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Fiala said:

I've got a ticket for Saturday afternoon!  How necessary is watching "Ant Man and the Wasp" before this?  I've seen everything else.

(And I almost asked about Aunt Man and the Wasp. :)

Without having seen Endgame, that's hard to say with complete certainty, but... Kinda important.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Without having seen Endgame, that's hard to say with complete certainty, but... Kinda important.

I have also not seen Endgame, but if you understand the basic gist of Ant-Man (he gets big, he gets small), the main thing you need from AM&tW is the mid-credits scene.

Otherwise, it's a fun movie, well worth watching if you already have Netflix.

• Like 4