Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I think that we have seen Ant Man and the Wasp more often than any other Marvel movie. :lol:

Me because I love to hate HANK PYM!

Megan because she likes almost everybody - except HANK PYM!

It is a small scale Marvel movie - in all meanings of the term. No plot to end/conquer the world. A faction that is driven purely by dislike of one character, and another that is driven by that purest of motives - greed.

I would love to see a prequel movie - that is all about, well, HANK PYM!

The Auld Grump - strangely, he is one of my favorite characters in the MCU....

The high point when I was watching the first Avengers movie was when Steve Rogers said 'Hulk? Smash!' The entire audience stood up and cheered.

The Auld Grump - my favorite Marvel movie is Captain America: Civil War, but... that one scene in Avengers just sticks in my mind.

There was a scene in Endgame where I would have done that if the theater didn't have heated recliners. Obviously I won't say what scene. I will only say that theaters with recliners really spoil you.

• Like 2

I've detested Hank Pym since his comic book slapping around Janet van Dyne while they were married.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

I've detested Hank Pym since his comic book slapping around Janet van Dyne while they were married.

He is a different kind of jerk in the MCU. (Thankfully.)

We rented Glass... ... ... I am now convinced that M. Night Shamalayan only ever had two and a half good movies in him.

And this was not one of them.

So, watching Deadpool and Deadpool 2 tonight. ::P: (We own those - and it will take the taste of over directed unsurprising plot twists out of my mind.)

We tried to go to Endgame... tried. Not only was that showing sold out on both screens, so was the next. :wacko:

$1.2B, just so far.

The Auld Grump

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2019 at 9:31 PM, Crowley said:

Bring tissues.

Women next to me was balling her head off. Fast 3 hrs that's for sure!

• Like 6

Saw Endgame last night. I definitely have quibbles, but overall this is an incredibly well-assembled movie. We had a blast, and so did the rest of the crowd. 

Man, when that thing happens? And then those things? Such a rush.

I would genuinely enjoy seeing this one in the theater a second time, which I almost never do.

• Like 9

As noted by my posts here I did get to see Endgame yesterday at the time slot I wanted. My son & I went up there about 15 mins till start time & there was a line......huh? wha? my theater? WT..... Anyways, we waited for about 10 mins to get up the counter so I could order some popcorn & a soda for him. Odd they never asked me for a ticket purchase...:rock:

We get into the theater & it was packed but we got a good seat at least even in the 5th row from the bottom. Lights were on, previews came on (Toy Story 4, Skywalker & some other movie), lights still on. Movie starts, light STILL ON. People are starting to get annoyed, I'm annoyed, I got up after a bit & went to the counter. Apparently I wasn't the only one to say "Hey Lights still on in #2, restart the movie....." Sadly, the counter person was pissy, like omg I made her mad at work...@$$hat. Get back to the movie & the movie was dark but no restart till Cap first shows up in the movie & then it goes black. This prompted more groaning from the crowd. They restarted it. After that thou we (theater) enjoyed the movie tremendously. There was laughs, excitement, crying & clapping at the end. Fitting, satisfying end to a 10 year journey in movie history.

While I know these people won't read this but, special thanks to 

Robert Downey Jr.
Chris Evans

Whose Marvel stints ended with this movie. Thank you for all the movie memories.

BTW, spoiler for those that have seen it:

Spoiler

Anyone know who the kid was during the cast shot at the memorial? It was the kid that helped Tony fix his armor in IM3, but all grown up. I had to look that one up!

• Like 7

I am victorious! All those other fools who got up have weaker resolve than a 9 month pregnant lady! Mwuhahaha! 

Endgame was good. Cried, laughed, enjoyed it.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I am victorious! All those other fools who got up have weaker resolve than a 9 month pregnant lady! Mwuhahaha! 

Endgame was good. Cried, laughed, enjoyed it.

Yeah, I was worried about needing the restroom, but actually the time just flew past for me, and I didn't have to go at all until it was done with.  It just didn't feel like a 3 hour movie.

• Like 5

On 4/27/2019 at 9:20 PM, Pingo said:

I’ve seen it! EEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeee! :wub::wub::wub:

(We had a really demonstrative audience, clapping and cheering at certain points.)

(But yes, bring something to blot tears. Ahhhh, the feels ...)

Managed to see it yesterday, and I concur. The crowd was rightfully emotional for the right reasons. If you want a roller coaster of emotions, this has you covered.

From the first minutes of the movie up until the end, I kept thinking and repeating to myself  "I did *not* see that coming!" The internet trolls were wrong! :devil:

For a three hour movie, the pacing was really good. There was a lot of ground to cover. Yet it neither felt too slow with needless lingering on some scenes/events; nor filled with too many action scenes with endless shaky cam action.

As a conclusion to a movie series, tying up a whole franchise together like that, I got to tip my hat to the Russo brothers and Disney. I can't remember the last time I saw a superhero movie that left me so satisfied.

[Looks at DC/Warner] I watched Shazam the other day. It was nice. Keep going, you'll get there.

On 4/29/2019 at 3:25 PM, haldir said:

Reveal hidden contents

Anyone know who the kid was during the cast shot at the memorial? It was the kid that helped Tony fix his armor in IM3, but all grown up. I had to look that one up!

Thank you! I really wondered about that bit.

As usual, there's probably a elf-load of Easter eggs that went over my head.

It's really hard *not* to talk about it with so much stuff in it.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 6

On 4/29/2019 at 12:25 PM, haldir said:

Reveal hidden contents

I was pretty sure that was him.

Edited by redambrosia

Being home sick yesterday I decided to rewatch 10th Kingdom. I'm not sure if a miniseries belongs here or in the "what's on TV" thread... This was higher up on the page. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chrome said:

My favorite part of Endgame was Deadpool's cameo.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. It felt like everyone got a cameo.

And with Disney owning so many intellectual properties, they could add even more.

I can't even imagine what will be added in the bluray extended director's cut.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chrome said:

My favorite part of Endgame was Deadpool's cameo.

I thought the pink tutu, while in character, was a bit much. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

I thought the pink tutu, while in character, was a bit much. 

But the unicorn wasn't!?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1