Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Just finished Murder Mystery, from netflix. It's got Adam Sandler being a decent actor, Jennifer Aniston, Luke Evans, Gemma Artcherton, and a few other good actors. It was a really fun, cute film. I'd certainly recommend it for a fun movie night in.

• Like 4

We saw A Monster Calls last night, it was a beautiful fantasy movie with great acting.  But I cannot say I really liked it since I don't like emotional movies, and this one tugged on the heartstrings something fierce.  I would recommend it for people that like emotional movies portraying grief.

• Like 3

I watched Miss Bala last night....it took me almost half the movie to get into it, but I ended up liking it.

I watched Happy Death Day 2U this morning and enjoyed it almost as much as the first one (which was a lot!).

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Brother Jim said:

I watched Miss Bala last night....it took me almost half the movie to get into it, but I ended up liking it.

I watched Happy Death Day 2U this morning and enjoyed it almost as much as the first one (which was a lot!).

Happy Death Day was a really fun movie. My wife doesn't like "horror" movies, but she really enjoyed it. HDD2U was certainly surprising in how they decided to approach it, and it was also a lot of fun. I hear they're planning on turning it into a trilogy. Not sure where they'll go with the next one, but I'm game. I've been pleasantly surprised with these so far.

I was interested in checking out Miss Bala but I have't gotten around to it. Maybe I'll look into it. Planning on going and seeing Spider-Man: Far From Home in 3D on Wednesday. I love AMC's A-List.

• Like 3

Since I had last night off & it had been awhile since we rented a movie , re-watched Captain Marvel last night with the fam + needed some MCU love before Spiderman drops next week. While we won't see it on opening day, thou we may with school out for the summer, (most likely the afternoon of the 4th or 5th) we will see it next week!!

• Like 5

Being good this weekend and just watched the one film, Overlord.

It was somewhat disappointing, I rather like Weird War movies and there aren't very many so I'm normally not too fussy, but this one just wasn't weird enough, needed a lot more horrifying abominations.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

Being good this weekend and just watched the one film, Overlord.

It was somewhat disappointing, I rather like Weird War movies and there aren't very many so I'm normally not too fussy, but this one just wasn't weird enough, needed a lot more horrifying abominations.

Overlord is one of those really interesting movies. If you didn't watch the trailers before watching it, I think it might be a better movie, because it starts out as a very solid and by-the-numbers WWII movie, which works really well as a war movie, and then goes into the horror monster aspects in a way that would certainly be really interesting if it wasn't part of the trailers that you're expecting to have come. I enjoyed it, but I'm not 100% sold on it overall.

• Like 4

We watched Spiderman into the Spiderverse tonight. Just a fun little movie!

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Overlord is one of those really interesting movies. If you didn't watch the trailers before watching it, I think it might be a better movie, because it starts out as a very solid and by-the-numbers WWII movie, which works really well as a war movie, and then goes into the horror monster aspects in a way that would certainly be really interesting if it wasn't part of the trailers that you're expecting to have come. I enjoyed it, but I'm not 100% sold on it overall.

I agree with that, I don't think it was a bad movie, it just wasn't the film I thought it was going to be. 

• Like 2

We watched Overlord last night, and we really enjoyed it.  None of us had seen the trailer, I think that probably helped temper any expectations.

• Like 3

Watched MiB: International. Fun little movie. My son, who did not go, thought the little alien from the trailer was pandering to kids, but it wasn't really.

• Like 3

We watched The Keeper of Lost Causes on Monday night.

In Danish.

The main characters were awesome, but the villain was kind of a murky mess.

A lot of work to go through with not much reward, other than being evil. <_<

But I really liked both of the main characters and the supporting characters, even the villain.

It was just the motivation that was lacking, really, why not just shoot the victim and have done with it?

Evil for the sake of being evil, or even as a convoluted revenge scheme was just not enough for the amount of WORK.

• Like 1

Hubby and I have tickets to see John Wick on Sunday. I'll go pick up my mom, she'll watch Baby, then we'll take Mom home in the evening. 

This uses up the last two free free movie tickets we have at the local cinema. I'll cancel our membership after this, since we're moving in August.

• Like 2

Hoping to see  Spider-man: Far From Home in a couple of hours. 

I saw the Dead Don't Die on Wednesday. I laughed at many moments, but it was far from what I expected, and I'm honestly not sure what to make of it now that I've seen it. It defies explanation without basically describing the whole thing. It's much like Sorry to Bother You in that way. 

Watched Spidey today with my son (a tradition for him & I). It's a fun way to spend a couple hours. Nice, lighthearted but full of action comic movie. A nice pace from the whole Infinity Arc that just happened with the MCU. (not that I didn't enjoy that of course!!)

Felt weird thou, not seeing a Stan Lee cameo thou....::(:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Nice to see they kept J.K. Simmons on as J.J Jameson!! The man was born to play this role, just like Samuel L Jackson & Fury!!

• Like 3