Jump to content

Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

My favourite Tim Curry performance is as Long John Silver in Muppet Treasure Island. The scenery he chewed in that film was truly astounding ::D:

Yes! His song was the best!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, redambrosia said:
20 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

My favourite Tim Curry performance is as Long John Silver in Muppet Treasure Island. The scenery he chewed in that film was truly astounding ::D:

Yes! His song was the best!

If we're going to talk about his singing, and the best song, we can't leave this out! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg-Wm25T6Qs

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disney's Three Musketeers is one of my guilty pleasure movies. Like I know it's rubbish, but I love it with a powerful love.

 

I watched the new Spidey movie. I really enjoyed it. I won't pay full price for it, but if I can ever get it super cheap I'll pick it up. 

 

I watched John Wick 3. Really disappointing. They should have wrapped it up, but they haaad to extend it out and milk it. Unsure if I'll watch part 4. 

 

I started Boston Legal. I don't like Shatner, but he seems to be having fun playing basically himself. James Spader is worth the cost of admission. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loim said:

Disney's Three Musketeers is one of my guilty pleasure movies. Like I know it's rubbish, but I love it with a powerful love.

 

I watched the new Spidey movie. I really enjoyed it. I won't pay full price for it, but if I can ever get it super cheap I'll pick it up. 

 

I watched John Wick 3. Really disappointing. They should have wrapped it up, but they haaad to extend it out and milk it. Unsure if I'll watch part 4. 

 

I started Boston Legal. I don't like Shatner, but he seems to be having fun playing basically himself. James Spader is worth the cost of admission. 

I really enjoyed Boston Legal, and the two of them playing against each other is great. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Loim said:

[...] started Boston Legal. I don't like Shatner, but he seems to be having fun playing basically himself.

 

Denny Crane !

 

9 hours ago, Loim said:

 

James Spader is worth the cost of admission. 

Did you watch the last season of its predecessor show?  Dylan McDermot (actors name) had a different law firm. Spader’s character started on that show. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I watched the last season of The Practice yesterday. It was great. Thanks for the recommend. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rented Dark Phoenix last night. I saw it in theatres, but my wife missed it, and we wanted to check it out. I still don't see quite why it gets as much hate as it does. I thought it was solid enough, certainly not a great movie, but a perfectly fine superhero flick that stayed largely true to the overall X-Men cinematic series. I'm sad that the mutants are going to be folded into the full MCU now. They work better in their own universe, because it doesn't make sense for people to hate and fear mutants but be super-fans of the Fantastic Four or Spider-Man. I guess we'll see how they manage it, but I'm largely dubious at this stage.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the Hellboy reboot movie last night.

 

Or, more accurately, tried watching it. I was so disinterested in it I gave up halfway through and went to bed early instead.

Admittedly, I'm a huge fan of the Del Toro ones, so I'm not sure if my disinterest was down to fanboy bias or it really was a fairly lousy movie.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:13 PM, Pegazus said:

Joker tickets for Friday morning. 

 

Movie felt slow in the beginning but did pick up at the end, and really didn't feel like a two hour movie. Bit disturbing at parts (in a good way; it's a villain movie after all), and had some mental twists. Very enjoyable, and my wife really enjoyed it. If the movie Split was a good romp for you, so will Joker.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife picked up Spider-man Far from Home last night, we will probably watch it tonight or tomorrow.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corsair said:

My wife picked up Spider-man Far from Home last night, we will probably watch it tonight or tomorrow.

It's quite enjoyable, as long as you don't dwell on the problematic elements too much.

 

I feel like there will need to be an entire Marvel series about the ramifications of Endgame, and Marvel is really ignoring it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched The Cloverfield Paradox last night.

 

Wasn't too bad, but Event Horizon did it better and, oddly, made more sense. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did watch Spiderman:Far from Home tonight, and what a fun little movie. If you haven't seen it, try it out.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×