Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Talae

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nZTCnOR.jpg

This was not a very good movie. Been the best series in the MCU so far, but here they veer away from solid storytelling in favor of the standard throwing a bunch of flashy nonsense at the screen with no semblance of plot. Everything's hurried and contrived, and the payoff isn't worth the two and a half long, long hours it takes to get there. 10 Z's out of ZZZzzzzzzz.

Just watched American Mary....

If you're into the dark and strange stuff, you'll enjoy it... It's  out there, lol. Pretty sure the title's a riff on American Psycho, and Katherine Isabelle as the title character is most definitely psycho... ::D:

Maybe belongs in the TV thread, I ain't know, but, either way, I love me some Aziz Ansari.

I love his words but can't stand his voice. I may want to rewatch some of his shows with the sound off and the subtitles on, we couldn't get through the last one.

Haha, I get that. I'd listen to the dude read the phone book, but I'm a little weird.

Also watched one of his other specials this morning.

Then we watched this, which had its funny moments but was trying waaaaaaay too hard:

Dg4A8ab.jpg

Maybe belongs in the TV thread, I ain't know, but, either way, I love me some Aziz Ansari.

I love his words but can't stand his voice. I may want to rewatch some of his shows with the sound off and the subtitles on, we couldn't get through the last one.

Haha, I get that. I'd listen to the dude read the phone book, but I'm a little weird.

Also watched one of his other specials this morning.

Then we watched this, which had its funny moments but was trying waaaaaaay too hard:

Dg4A8ab.jpg

He was one of the best parts of Parks and Recreation.

• Like 1

Went to the theater for the special preview of Dr Strange.  It is definitely something to see in 3-d. I have a feeling the effects are going to be the best part of the movie, though. 

At home we watched The Forbidden Kingdom, a 2008 fantasy kung-fu film featuring Jackie Chan and Jet Li.  It's not half bad, if you like that sort of thing. 

• Like 2