Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Talae

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1MPeNvU.jpg

Fantastic movie (though the book is actually somehow better. Go read the book. Now). Boyle's best work, maybe. '96 was such a crazy good year for movies it barely got a nod at the Oscars. 

Anyway, wife's never seen it. She kept flipping because practically everyone in it grew up to be someone she loves. Obi-Wan, Johnny Lee Miller, Robert Carlyle. When she realized Tommy was her boy from Grey's Anatomy I thought she was going to stroke out on me. Good times.

Or son is home from college this weekend, so last night we rewatched the Warcraft movie and we also watched The French-Argentinian Lucky Luke movie from 2009. Good times were had by all. We have all played WoW, so we appreciated the fan service. And if you have read the Lucky Luke comics, you will most likely enjoy the movie. Watching a western in French was hilarious by itself.

• Like 1

Went to the movies with Awesome Wife yesterday. Saw the Accountant. Good action flick. I want in with the mindset to think of it as a mindless action flick and enjoyed it immensely. I think Ben Afflec did a great job at portraying his character. I also liked that there were a couple of twists/surprise reveals towards the end that didn't feel forced or contrived. Definately worth the price of a matinee.

• Like 1

40ElW6r.jpg

Eh. Kinda boring.

That is disappointing to hear. It has been in my "someday" que for awhile now.

WzLFfS5.jpg

Movie's better in memory than in fact. Too long, gets slow. But still. Back before Liam Neeson just perpetually phoned it in. Good times.

Remember enjoying it, but definitely toooooo long and slow. Could use a good edit.

Had a bad flu the past couple weeks, so watched some movies when I have been up at the odd times. This also may explain some of the movies I have been watching.

Saw Mockingjay part 2. I thought it was better than the previous two installments of the series. Also enjoyed the ending...but I am starting to find Jennifer Lawrence to be an annoying actress.

Dragonfyre was an ok B movie--cowboys, orcs, and dragons so what the hey. And the production and acting was not too bad for a low budget movie.

Not sure why, but I enjoyed Scout's Survival Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse. Stupid in many ways, but did get some laughs out of me.

Watched 13 Assassins this morning. I thought it was very good if you like sword fighting. Probably not the best movie to watch when drowsy from the flue...hard to read sub titles with your eyes shut.

Oh and this doesn't count, but started watching season 8 of the rebooted Dr. Who.

Btw about a month ago I bought some nice wireless head phones, so I can watch movies on the TV while everone is asleep. Best investment i have made in a long time.

Edited by KruleBear

It wasn't awful; I just thought it lacked anything particularly memorable. Aside from cast members who've appeared in other, more popular things. Sort of stoner-nerd movie I always feel like I've seen somewhere before. Wish they'd played up the metal.

• Like 1

My wife is traveling for work, so I wind up catching up on movies that I have missed.  So far, in the last week, I've watched Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, X-men: Apocalypse, and the new Ghostbusters.  Still have The Revenant & the 2016 Tarzan movie, plus all of season 2 of The Flash.  should tide me over for a few days.