Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

I went with Leon: The Professional for this evening's choice.

I don't think I have The Jack Bull. I will have to check Prime tomorrow for it. I haven't seen it since I was a little kid.

• Like 4

Watched Back to the Future 2, with the family last night.  The future is almost upon us !  (they travel to October 2015) 

Elder Spawn really enjoyed it and remembered enough of the first movie to enjoy the overlap.

Still no flying cars or hoverboards - but 3d movies, wall screens, computer glasses, and flying drones have all arrived. 

- we have tech to make self tying shoes, but they would probably out price the market - not sure about self fitting and drying clothes. 

It is still holding as one of my top 3 time travel movies. (with Primer &  12:01)  and I really like time travel movies. 

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Guardians of the Galaxy on NYE. Dawn was what we expected, excellent. It's nice to have the franchise rebooted so wonderfully. GotG was a pleasant suprise. We weren't all that interested in it to begin with but since we borrowed it, we figured why not watch it. Turns out we enjoyed it quite a lot.

Haven't seen (or heard of) 12:01. I may look it up and try to watch it soon.

Also, haven't seen the newer Planet of the Apes movies. Maybe I can get the wife to watch them with me...

I highly suggest them. Thy are very good imho. Also, The Jack Bull is on Youtube. :-)

I'm going yo watch it today sometime. I'm not a huge fan of westerns but I heart John Cusack so I'll give it a try.

• Like 1

I'm going yo watch it today sometime. I'm not a huge fan of westerns but I heart John Cusack so I'll give it a try.

Highly underrated as an actor. Grosse Pointe Blank and The Jack Bull are two of my favorite movies.

• Like 2

Agreed 100% He was brilliant in Grosse as was his sister for the small part she had. Which happens to be our first date film. Could not have chosen a better movie to enjoy after listening to my poor husband ramble nervously for the first part of the date. Lol ah good times. We still quote that movie.

• Like 2

The 12:01 that I had in mind stars Jonathan Silverman, Helen Slater and Martin Landau. 

Its a little like Groundhogs Day - but with internally consistent reasoning, and important things at stake.