Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

I do have that habit, but it's not intentional! I was just remembering that she's maybe the only person I've had a good horror movie conversation with, honest!I promise I'll drop your name whenever referencing Kraken or seamen.

Sure you spelled that correctly?

Yes, it is spelled with a 'K'

Watched most of the Two Towers last night, while leafing through my 5e rulebooks, getting the rules down for my PbP

• Like 3

I intend to watch The Babadook this weekend. It looks very creepy, this may be a mistake.

I recall hearing about that. I can't recall if what I heard was good or bad though...

I like saying the title. The rhyme form the trailer is stuck in my head. I need to watch it just to get over it.

I intend to watch The Babadook this weekend. It looks very creepy, this may be a mistake.

I recall hearing about that. I can't recall if what I heard was good or bad though...

I like saying the title. The rhyme form the trailer is stuck in my head. I need to watch it just to get over it.

I need to see if I can find that. Looks interesting.

Just finished season 6 of my annual Red Dwarf watching.

Thank you for the reminder! I think I will try and purchase the 10th season, i still have never seen it.

??

Our anniversary set only goes through Series Eight.

What's up?

Also ... It's a revelation watching it with subtitles turned on. I had never realized the opening theme was a riff on "2001: A Space Odyssey".

9 is only like 3 episodes long, and 10 is way in the future, the actors are old

1-8 Red Dwarf: The Complete Collection

9 Red Dwarf: Back to Earth

10 Red Dwarf: "X"

Goldfinger--.jpg

Good flick. I'd say it contains more memorable components than it's an overall memorable film, though. If that's possible.

• Like 1

Watched The Aviator this afternoon. Very much enjoyed it. I pretty much always enjoy Scorsese and DiCaprio. No clue why I never got around to seeing it--been sitting on the shelf for years.

Watching Zoolander, now. Wife has never seen it. No clue how she managed that.

• Like 1

Struggling with a sore throat again. Went two whole days without one and now I have another. This is different than the other though. Less throbbing, intense, "oh my gosh I am going to die from the pain," and more "wow this is annoying when swallowing."

Trying to beat it with fluids, healthy food, rest, and cough drops. Tea with dinner seems to have gotten rid of it. Hopefully it stays gone long enough for me to dash asleep.

• Like 1

We were going over my Prime watchlist and realized neither of us has seen it, so it's now on the short list.

She hasn't seen Memento or Jackie Brown, either; so those are also on the short list because I'll watch 'em both again in a second. Looking forward to introducing someone to the mindpork that is Memento; Jackie Brown will be her intro to Tarantino, whom I looove.

• Like 3

We were going over my Prime watchlist and realized neither of us has seen it, so it's now on the short list.

She hasn't seen Memento or Jackie Brown, either; so those are also on the short list because I'll watch 'em both again in a second. Looking forward to introducing someone to the mindpork that is Memento; Jackie Brown will be her intro to Tarantino, whom I looove.

Haha, got both those in the queue for my wife. Good flicks.

Jackie Brown might actually be my favorite Tarantino movie. After Pulp Fiction, I guess, but still.

I've seen PF so many times, same with Reservoir Dogs. I've only seen JB twice, and it's been a long time. Kill Bill is a little too heavy on teh fight scenes and the theme song (the siren sound) bugs my cat.

I also really like Death Proof, which might be my favorite (the full cut).

I love Tarantino, but I've never seen Jackie Brown.  Didn't even know it was a Tarantino flick.  Must investigate.

I'm super excited for The Hateful Eight later this year, but I'm disappointed that Christoph Waltz won't make it into this one.  He was brilliant in the last two movies, and I'm sure Tarantino could come up with a ton of other amazing roles for him.