Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Reservoir Dogs is in its own way kind of perfect.

I've become a bit weary of Tarantino, honestly. He's reached that point where he needs an editor, badly, but pulls in so much $$$ no one forces one on him. Which is kind of a shame.

Having said that, I still look forward to all his movies, anyway. Color me an optimist.

• Like 1

the last Tarantino film I saw would either be Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs. Didn't care for either, mostly wished everyone would just step into traffic or something

wait, no, saw a bunch of Kill Bill....same thing mostly, only with more over the top stupid violence 

• Like 1

I absolutely agree about Tarantino. The early films that made his name are very tightly done; I don't much enjoy them anymore, but objectively I think they are quite good. After Kill Bill pt 1, I think it's all been downhill.

I will watch KB1 frequently, at least in part (I am a fight scene snob, and we have been known to put movies on just to watch a fight, then put in something else)...I will watch Basterds at least once more (haven't seen it since the theaters), but I don't think it was his best work. Django had some aspects I thoroughly enjoyed, but was on the whole desperately in need of a firmer hand on the reins (as said, an editor); I'd watch Django once more if Nissiana asks to watch it, since she hasn't seen it yet, but probably not again after that.

I watched Taken 2 on Wednesday for the first time. It was on FX, it was alright.

Tonight will be House at the End of the Street on The CW, also for the first time. It has Jennifer Lawrence.

Have you seen Death Proof? Love that one.

I haven't. It is on the list...why should it move toward the top?

(that isn't meant to sound snarky...the list is long, and always in flux)

• Like 1

I love Tarantino, but have not seen Death Proof. May have to add it to the list. Is it on prime?

• Like 2

Been watching Guardians of the Galaxy and the Lego movie a bit lately. I got Maverick for Christmas but haven't watched it yet. Got the new Conan last year but for some reason I haven't watched it yet.

Just watched the Doctor Who Christmas special. (I'd been saving it)

I thought it was okay, but the plot was more than a bit familiar somehow.

• Like 1

Haven't seen Django yet, but I agree in general. Basterds was great but a bit loose for a Tarantino movie.

Django was better then some of his other recent films, though yes, it would have benefitted from tighter editing. I did enjoy it more than most of his recent flicks, though that probably has more to do with the actors than anything else.

Well, it was also a romance. And I'm a die hard romantic.

It was a good romantic pop corn flick. That would be my review of it.

• Like 1

Death Proof isn't on Prime, it's $4 for the HD version. Kurt is great in it, and Rosario Dawson, mmmhmm.

But for me it's all about Zoe Bell. I dig stuntpeople, so a sexy kiwi stuntwoman is like a dream girl.

And of course another great soundtrack.

• Like 2

Death Proof isn't on Prime, it's $4 for the HD version. Kurt is great in it, and Rosario Dawson, mmmhmm.

But for me it's all about Zoe Bell. I dig stuntpeople, so a sexy kiwi stuntwoman is like a dream girl.

And of course another great soundtrack.

I was really surprised when I heard what appeared to be a Kiwi accent in Fallout: New Vegas, turned out Zoe did some voice work on it.

• Like 2