Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Talae

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Jim Carrey's definitive prime streak was unbroccoliwithable. Ace Ventura, The Mask, Dumb and Dumber, The Cable Guy, Liar Liar, and The Truman Show all in less than five years. Throw in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and that's a pretty good career on its own for most folks.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to admit that The Mask was very good indeed. (But would it have been as good once Mr Carrey became a "star"?)

What both surprised and pleased me was that they sanitised the comic to get it a child-friendly certificate, but still managed to keep most of the humour.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2018 at 10:51 AM, Marvin said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Jim Carrey's definitive prime streak was unbroccoliwithable. Ace Ventura, The Mask, Dumb and Dumber, The Cable Guy, Liar Liar, and The Truman Show all in less than five years. Throw in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and that's a pretty good career on its own for most folks.

Not to mention Batman Forever. He did hit hard and fast, then petered out quickly...

9 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Not to mention Batman Forever. He did hit hard and fast, then petered out quickly...

I actually still never have watched that one all the way through lulz. I thought he looked like an okay Riddler from the little I've seen, but I'm not a Batman scholar or anything by any means. I thought everyone hated him in that (and that whole movie besides) too.

29 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I actually still never have watched that one all the way through lulz. I thought he looked like an okay Riddler from the little I've seen, but I'm not a Batman scholar or anything by any means. I thought everyone hated him in that (and that whole movie besides) too.

Batman Forever was okay, it was Batman and Robin that made the world weep.

Been watching the Mythica movies and have really enjoyed the first three......BUT the preview for the fourth movie looks like it may be moving too cheesy.

I agree with the assesment of Valerian everyone has been spouting--the male lead is terribly cast in the role.

Most recently saw I Am Dragon. A subtitled Russian film about a dragon who takes female sacrifices from a local village. The human form of the dragon really dislikes the actions of his dragon self and the story focuses on hismost recent victims interavpctions to help "humanize" him. I usually don't do well with subtitled movies, but really enjoyed this one. The cinematography was beautiful and I will probably watch it again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just saw Isle of Dogs.

I loved it. Really tight writing, excellently realised aesthetic. 

People who do not love Wes Anderson will almost certainly not love Isle of Dogs, but it is a very well put together movie nonetheless.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

First Drive-In outing of the season tonight. We saw Rampage and Ready Player One. Rampage was everything I wanted it to be and can hardly wait for Rampage: World Tour. Ready Player One was an attempted critique of vapid spectacle that just ended up being more vapid spectacle.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Citrine said:

We watched The Iron Giant special edition on Blue ray last night. It's such an awesome movie, everyone needs to see it.  Warner Brothers totally flubbed the original theatrical release way back, and that was very sad.

Hmm. Kid #1, aka “Red” of Overly Sarcastic Productions, adores that movie.

Clearly I need to watch it.

• Like 3