Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

The new jumanji movie is hilarious! So many awkward scenes! :lol:

Good to know. I was actually not looking forward to it. Thanks.

• Like 1

Watched Spider-man: Homecoming, not as good as I thought it was going to be.

The Toby Miguire Spider-man films remain the best ones so far.

17 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Watched Spider-man: Homecoming, not as good as I thought it was going to be.

The Toby Miguire Spider-man films remain the best ones so far.

Though Homecoming was, in a lot of ways, closer to the Spiderman I grew up with in the comics - a New York teenager.

Spiderman, a minor character in Captain America: Civil War, had more lines than Superman did in Batman vs. Superman, who was one of the characters in the freakin' title....

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rewatching Labyrinth in chunks to make color and lighting studies in order to paint the game pieces for the Labyrinth boardgame.

I never realized until now that Ludo was designed and intended to be a puppy dog. 

labyrinth-ludo-2.jpg

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Though Homecoming was, in a lot of ways, closer to the Spiderman I grew up with in the comics - a New York teenager.

Spiderman, a minor character in Captain America: Civil War, had more lines than Superman did in Batman vs. Superman, who was one of the characters in the freakin' title....

The Auld Grump

I don't know what it is about Henry Cavill in Superman movies, but durned if he doesn't feel like he fades into the background every time. It's like he has the opposite of stage presence; even dressed as a flying circus acrobat with a fiery red cape billowing in the wind, it's like he's a guest star in his own movie. Batman Vs. Superman, for all the world, felt like another Batman movie that just happened to have Superman in a few scenes, despite his ample screen time. I dunno if it's dialogue or what, but Cavill just feels like he's not there.

18 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The Auld Grump

To be fair, spiderman talks a lot...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

To be fair, spiderman talks a lot...

Like a nervous teenager, trying to conceal how nervous he is.

The Auld Grump - who never knew a teenager that ever behaved that way. (For Christmas one year, I gave my very first girlfriend a coupon that was good for Ten Minutes of Blessed Silence. ::P: )

17 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Rewatching Labyrinth in chunks to make color and lighting studies in order to paint the game pieces for the Labyrinth boardgame.

I never realized until now that Ludo was designed and intended to be a puppy dog. 

labyrinth-ludo-2.jpg

I don't know what it is about Henry Cavill in Superman movies, but durned if he doesn't feel like he fades into the background every time. It's like he has the opposite of stage presence; even dressed as a flying circus acrobat with a fiery red cape billowing in the wind, it's like he's a guest star in his own movie. Batman Vs. Superman, for all the world, felt like another Batman movie that just happened to have Superman in a few scenes, despite his ample screen time. I dunno if it's dialogue or what, but Cavill just feels like he's not there.

I think that it comes down to Snyder.

Much as I disliked Justice League, Cavil had more lines, more screen presence, and actually got to freakin' smile.

• Like 1

Finally watched Deadpool 2 over the weekend.  Liked it quite a bit although I thought the first one was funnier.  It'll be interesting to see where they go with a third one!  Wanted to watch 'Hotel Artemis' but it got pushed out of town by dinosaurs!  :down: Also burned through all 13 episodes of "Luke Cage:S2" over the course of the weekend.  The pacing on that is such that I could have watched an episode a day and been fine.  It's interesting, but in reality there was only one episode that ended in such a way that I HAD to watch the next one then and there.

• Like 2

I've been rewatching Dog Days, a really cute anime.  Hard to say which is my favourite, as Gaul is interesting, but so is Sink... 

We had a double feature tonight. Paddington 2, because I love bears, and Annihilation. Paddington 2 was actually better than the first one, which is weird for a sequel. Annihilation was... interesting. I think they were trying to be too psychological or literary with it, and it was not successful. Weird, is about the best thing I can say about it.

We saw Deadpool2.  I thought it was ok.  It had its moments, but mostly it was crude humor and gratuitous violence, and not in an original or fun way.  Most  of the characters were flat, and some I think may have actually been cardboard stand ups.  I wasn't expecting a lot, and the movie failed to impress me. 

• Like 1

Watched The Dark Tower today.

Don't know if it's a decent representation of the books (I'm guessing it isn't), but as a generic fantasy adventure film I thought it was pretty good.

• Like 3

The film is Pride Of The Yankees, with Gary Cooper.

Apparently, one of the early symptoms of ALS is the loss of ability to communicate verbally, except in baseball metaphors.

• Haha 2

Watched The Incredibles before we try and go watch the sequel. I forgot how great a movie it is.

• Like 3