Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

We watched Harryhausen's Jason and the Argonauts last night.  That movie is such a wonderful classic.

• Like 3

So started watching Thor Ragnorok about a month ago and couldn't see what the fuss was all about as it seemed kind of "meh". Of course I fell asleep half way in and wasn't feeling good. Rewatched today and it was fun, but not great. It does however seem that these movies are all trying to jam too much cgi action into most scenes which causes me to lose the ability to get immersed in it....not nearly as bad as the Transformer movies though :poke:

And I started watching Babylon Five. I am at the point in season four where I wasn't able to watch the rest of the series when it came out...damn this is a great show. 

Edited by KruleBear
  • Like 7

Wife was out of town so I watched "Dredd" again.  Karl Urban really nailed the part.  Wish it had done well enough to get a sequel.  When I win the lottery!  ::D:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2018 at 5:52 PM, redambrosia said:

Saw Ant Man and the Wasp today. Fun movie, as expected. Loved seeing Michelle Pheiffer. 

Man, they really missed an opportunity not having Micheal Peña narrate a overview of everything that happened leading up to infinity war. :lol:

Saw a Double Feature of that and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. This pretty much sums up my opinion of the latter, except I didn't cry when [redacted] because it was painfully obvious that they were just laying it on thick as a cheap emotional ploy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy7JkZ7m8wM

• Like 1

Just got home from seeing Ant-Man & the Wasp with my son. Our trek to see the Marvel movies together continues! He was in California with a school friend the week it came out so we waited till he came back to see. We pretty much had the theater to ourselves. Like 6 other people in the entire theater & just 2 in the actual movie. Also it was still playing on the main screen. (then again there was like 5 movies total showing out there right now.)

14 hours ago, Mckenna35 said:

Wife was out of town so I watched "Dredd" again.  Karl Urban really nailed the part.  Wish it had done well enough to get a sequel.  When I win the lottery!  ::D:

Dredd is actually one of my favorite comic book movies ever. For one thing, it has Karl "Cupid" Urban, who I've been in love with since I was a teenager. He's fantastic. And the style is so perfectly comic book-ish without being cheesy and annoying. 

He had had the perfect frown for Dredd. So frowny.

• Like 8

Yeah Dredd was great, but the folks in charge didn't seem to have much confidence in it, only had a handful of screenings at the local cinema before it got pulled.

One day I'll get to see the Dark Judges on the big screen.

• Like 5

Yup, DREDD was much better than Stallone's version. I enjoyed that one too, but DREDD was definitely better.

• Like 6

Saw Ocean's 8 last night. Better than 12, not quite as good as 13. It actually needed a few more monkeywrenches thrown into the plan so we could see them bust out their problem-solving skills some more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2018 at 4:52 PM, redambrosia said:

Saw Ant Man and the Wasp today. Fun movie, as expected. Loved seeing Michelle Pheiffer. 

Interestingly, I think this is the best she's ever looked in any movie I've seen her in. Maybe I'm just developing a thing for a good white braid.

On 7/14/2018 at 4:52 PM, redambrosia said:

...having Micheal Peña narrate a overview of everything that happened leading up to infinity war. :lol:

Megatron Yes.jpg

Edited by Weird-O
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Comcast is doing free movie channel previews, so we took the opportunity to watch Nerve. It's about an internet game of dare run by majority vote. It was a lot better than I was expecting.