Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Samuel L. Jackson made it a point to ask Brad Bird "Are we making Incredibles 2 yet?" At least once a year.

I think the opening apology was all Samuel! :lol:

14 years.I was twenty years old when Incredibles came out.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 1

We watched Ready Player One tonight, I thought it was great!  Doesn't hurt that I am a nerd that was a teen during the eighties... :winkthumbs:. Nostalgia for the win!

Edited by Citrine
Spelling
  • Like 2

On 7/28/2018 at 6:26 PM, Crowley said:

Just watched the original Jurassic Park. Still holds up... 

Ditto.

Also went to an Action Double-Feature at the Drive-in. We saw Mission Impossible: Fallout, which was okay, but I couldn't tell how many love interests Ethan Hunt had until the Third Act because they looked identical and the helicopter sequence was so long it actually got boring. The second movie was Skyscraper, which wasn't Dwanye's best work, but I really liked the ways his prosthetic leg was a tool that he used for all manner of things besides walking and falling.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We started to watch I Kill Giants, then realized about 20 minutes in that it was going to be a psychological thing, not about a girl that actually kills giants, so we switched to something else. What we saw of it had good acting, just not our pot of tea.

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Inarah said:

Finally going to see Ant Man & Wasp this week.

I'm hoping too see it this weekend, finally...

Last night we watched Ready Player One. I thought it was a fun ride, but I had issues with the production.  In places it was too dark to see what was happening, or the dialog was garbled and we had to rewind and listen to it again.  I added this to my list of movies I'd watch again.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

Last night we watched Ready Player One. I thought it was a fun ride, but I had issues with the production.  In places it was too dark to see what was happening, or the dialog was garbled and we had to rewind and listen to it again.  I added this to my list of movies I'd watch again.  

This is why I watch everything with subtitles now. :B):

It's useful in movies where the sound effects are too loud, dialogues with very heavy accents, or period speech.

P.S. Also: Song Lyrics!

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

This is why I watch everything with subtitles now. :B):

It's useful in movies where the sound effects are too loud, dialogues with very heavy accents, or period speech.

Ditto. Our family pretty much leave subtitles on all the time for this same reason. 

Edited by KruleBear
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

Saw Ant Man & Wasp. :blink::blink:  That end credit scene..... oh my... 

I feel like I have to ask.

How many people stayed until the very end? We're at 10+ years of Marvel movies doing it, and people keep leaving too soon. I can understand families with younger kids. But grownups?

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

I feel like I have to ask.

How many people stayed until the very end? We're at 10+ years of Marvel movies doing it, and people keep leaving too soon. I can understand families with younger kids. But grownups?

Yeah, I find this very weird. I could understand if they'd seen it before, but when we saw infinity war there were people who left who'd obviously never seen it. 

Watched "Bridge of Spies" last weekend.  Good movie.  Tom Hanks does and excellent job as usual.  It was an interesting look back at when the Cold War was a bit warmer, and they stayed pretty true to the actual events. 

• Like 1

Watched Thor: Ragnarok today.

Better than Thor 2 (not a particularly difficult task) but doesn't quite beat Thor 1.

Although it probably would have if it hadn't insisted on trying way too hard to be funny all the time.

But more importantly, I'm only 3 Marvel movies behind now!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1