Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

13 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I just finished watching Masters of the Universe with my daughters. 

Wasnt as epic as I remember it being when I was a kids but my girls really liked it and thats all that matters. 

When it came out there were people saying that Frank Langella hated the movie, and was forced to be in it for contractual reasons.

Many years later, an interviewer asked him what movie was the one he most enjoyed making - and the answer was 'Masters of the Universe', he had a blast playing Skeltor, and the reason he had taken the role was his four year old son - who loved Masters of the Universe. 'I have the POWER!'

That said, it really was a very silly movie. ::P:

The Auld Grump

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

When it came out there were people saying that Frank Langella hated the movie, and was forced to be in it for contractual reasons.

Many years later, an interviewer asked him what movie was the one he most enjoyed making - and the answer was 'Masters of the Universe', he had a blast playing Skeltor, and the reason he had taken the role was his four year old son - who loved Masters of the Universe. 'I have the POWER!'

That said, it really was a very silly movie. ::P:

The Auld Grump

It really is a silly movie.  I hadn't seen it since I was a kid so probably 25 years or so and I remembered it being so cool!

Frank Langella I thought was awesome as Skeletor even now but Dolph was a little rough.  It also seemed like Dolph wasn't in the movie as much as the side characters and he is played the title character, I found that odd. 

I got to stop watching these old movies that I loved as a kid because they are not like I remember :lol:

• Haha 1

Watched Black Panther yesterday.

Wasn't too sure about it at first because, much like Wonder Woman, all the reviews and stuff I'd seen had focused on 'Yay! Diversity!' rather than the film itself.

Fortunately, unlike Wonder Woman, it turned out to be quite a good film.

(It was a bit too long, but I think I'm just going to have to accept that's how films are these days).

Only two Marvel films behind, woohoo!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Saw "To all the boys I've loved before". Fantastic and fresh take on teen romance. Particularly pleased that Netflix committed to keeping the main character Asian American.

• Like 3

Speaking of Asian characters, Crazy Rich Asians was an enjoyable way to spent 2 hours! Very little came as a surprise, but it was very well done, and the character actors were all FANTASTIC!  

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Crowley said:

Speaking of Asian characters, Crazy Rich Asians was an enjoyable way to spent 2 hours! Very little came as a surprise, but it was very well done, and the character actors were all FANTASTIC!  

Yes, I saw it yesterday and loved it. I've been a big fan of Constance Wu from her work on Fresh off the Boat. Nice to see her play a different character but keep some of the wit. "Changi [Airport] has a butterfly garden and a movie theater! All Laguardia has is Salmonella and despair."

• Haha 3

Watched "The Power of Grayskull: The Definitive History of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" yesterday.  If you are into nerdy documentaries, this one was pretty good.  Covered some of the same ground as the He-Man episode from "The Toys that Made Us " series, but also goes quite a bit deeper.

• Like 4

While flying to ReaperCon, I was able to finally see Isle of Dogs. Loved it!

I'm always a fan of animated films with well written stories.

• Like 5

Watched The Good, The Bad, The Weird, a Sergio Leone-inspired Korean Western set in Japanese occupied Manchuria, just before WWII. It’s the story of two outlaws and a bounty hunter who find a “treasure” map while being pursued by the Imperial Japanese army (Who want the map thinking it will “save the Japanese Empire”) and Manchurian bandits (Who want to sell the map on the “Ghost Market”). [Korean with English Subtitles]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Disney makes musicals.

Fox owns Deadpool.

Disney owns Fox.

Deadpool: the Musical! Let's make this happen, people! Let's get Ryan Reynolds to play a Disney Princess!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

Disney makes musicals.

Fox owns Deadpool.

Disney owns Fox.

Deadpool: the Musical! Let's make this happen, people! Let's get Ryan Reynolds to play a Disney Princess!

I would watch the heck out of that! ::o:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2018 at 2:30 AM, nytflyr said:

Watched The Good, The Bad, The Weird, a Sergio Leone-inspired Korean Western set in Japanese occupied Manchuria, just before WWII. It’s the story of two outlaws and a bounty hunter who find a “treasure” map while being pursued by the Imperial Japanese army (Who want the map thinking it will “save the Japanese Empire”) and Manchurian bandits (Who want to sell the map on the “Ghost Market”). [Korean with English Subtitles]

Thank you for posting this! I bought the DVD years ago and never got round to watching it, I had totally forgotten it existed ::o:

I just finished Happy Death Day, which was really good. It's about a college student caught in a time loop on her birthday when someone is trying to kill her. Kind of like a Groundhog Day/Halloween crossover :poke:

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:
3 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Disney makes musicals.

Fox owns Deadpool.

Disney owns Fox.

Ryan Reynolds would play the heck out of that! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Crowley said:
2 hours ago, redambrosia said:
3 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Disney makes musicals.

Fox owns Deadpool.

Disney owns Fox.

If, and only if, you can get Jackman to do Wolverine one more time!

:winkthumbs:

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, strawhat said:
25 minutes ago, Crowley said:
2 hours ago, redambrosia said:
4 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Disney makes musicals.

Fox owns Deadpool.

Disney owns Fox.

If, and only if, you can get Jackman to do Wolverine one more time!

:winkthumbs:

YES!!! :lol: Spider-Man has to be in on it too! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1