Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Just back from a midnight showing of Captain Marvel ::D:

Can't give details, obviously, but it's AWESOME!!!!

Concur! Concur! Dangit, how do I concur harder?!?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Having heard good things about it for a while, gave Teen Titans Go to the movies a watch last night.

Turned out surprisingly decent, still not giving the series another try though.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Having heard good things about it for a while, gave Teen Titans Go to the movies a watch last night.

Turned out surprisingly decent, still not giving the series another try though.

I thought the series was better than the movie... well some episodes anyway.  My wife wanders around talking like Starfire all the time now.  Compared to so many of the kid-targeted shows out there, Teen Titans Go is one of the few that I don't mind watching with my spawn.  

• Like 4

@redambrosia that's on my list. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Lately I've been bingeing a lot of Netflix. I also recently watched Over the Garden Wall, and instantly loved it. If you have access to it I recommend it highly. 

• Like 5

Went to see Captain Marvel last night, and it was amazing. The writers did an unbelievable job incorporating elements of the Kelly Sue DeConnick comics. Without going too far into spoiler territory, "Chewie" did not disappoint.

Can't wait to see her back in Endgame! 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Crowley said:
On 2/9/2019 at 6:36 PM, Crowley said:

Just got tickets to see Captain Marvel in a month... 

Tomorrow...

:bday:

3.5 hours...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I had a sudden shock this morning as my drowsy brain finally realized that my movie tickets are for 10am on Monday and my next OB appointment was for 11:15am on Monday :rolleyes: I rescheduled the OB appointment, as that's easier than trying to change movie tickets. 

Is seeing captain marvel more important than another OB appointment.... maybe... maybe... :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Saw Captain Marvel last night. I liked it. I'd say it was good, probably 7/10 or so. Maybe I was just cranky after work being a total elf all week, but still enjoyable. Stay for the full credits though.

• Like 5

Watched The Ballad of Lefty Brown. It has been on my watch list for awhileas the description on the Amazon Prime listing sounded interesting, but I took a long time getting to it as the preview was pretty “meh”. Wow, much better than the preview. I really liked it and will probably watch it again. I have seen reviews say it was too slow. Maybe I am getting old, but I thought the pacing was perfect for the story. I would definately recommend this to western aficionados and to those that like seeing the misfit of a group of friends being the one that really comes through in the end.

Just saw The Little Prince again today with the kids. It made a lot more sense on s3cond viewing-probably because I didn’t miss key parts thistime!::D:

Now we have Wreck It Ralph Wrecks the Internet queued up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Crowley said:
On 3/7/2019 at 5:23 PM, Crowley said:
On 2/9/2019 at 6:36 PM, Crowley said:

Just got tickets to see Captain Marvel in a month... 

Tomorrow...

:bday:

3.5 hours...

It was solid! The tribute to Stan was touching. Carol was great, as we're the supporting actors. Wish Phil got more screen time... Solid entry into the MCU.

• Like 4

I saw both Captain Marvel and Alita: Battle Angel in the theater yesterday. I very much enjoyed both, even though I missed the first ten minutes or so of Alita.

Today I rented Overlord and Ralph Wrecks the Internet and am about to start watching them.

• Like 4

Got done watching Ralph Wrecks the Internet. An ok film that I am sure I will be forced to watch another 50 times. I really got a kick out of the use of the Disney princesses in it. 

Speaking of watching 50 times....we are wrapping up another viewing of Scooby Doo and Kiss Rock and Roll Mystery. A fun soundtrack and I like how it pokes fun at Kiss’s excessive marketing if everything in the real world. 

• Like 3

Just finished watching the 2018 version of Robin Hood.  Omg, what a train wreck of a movie.  That was 2 hours of our lives wasted.  Very happy we saw it via Netflix, and didn't spend any money.

Edited by Citrine
Clarify meaning of sentence.
  • Like 4

Heh.  Today I watched "Scooby Doo and the Gourmet Ghost" on DVD.  The basic idea is that Bobby Flay is Fred's uncle, and the gang is visiting Bobby's new culinary resort when - surprise surprise - there's a haunting.  It was fun.

After watching it, Rose wanted to watch more Scooby Doo, and we discovered that there were some food-related episodes in the features area of the disc from various Scooby Doo shows, so we watched a couple.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1