Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Had a much better Movie Sunday this week.

Hotel Artemis :- Not my kind of film usually, but I thought it was pretty good.

Ant-man and the Wasp:- Also really good, the Ant-man films are the best at balancing the humour with the action IMO.

Justice League vs. The Fatal Five:- Did a great job of being an updated episode of the old Justice League cartoon, pushed all my nostalgia buttons. 

• Like 6

On 4/4/2019 at 11:06 PM, Erifnogard said:

Shazam! was awesome and great fun!

It was! Stay till the end...

Spiderman into the spider-verse was very cool. I love the art and the voicework!

John wick 2 was violent fun. Saw the take for part 3 at Shazam!

On 4/4/2019 at 11:06 PM, Erifnogard said:

Shazam! was awesome and great fun!

It was! Stay till the end...

Spiderman into the spider-verse was very cool. I love the art and the voicework!

John wick 2 was violent fun. Saw the take for part 3 at Shazam!

• Like 6

Last night it was "Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold".  These old adventure movies often get bad reviews, but this one truly earned it.  Chamberlain's age was starting to show, the action scenes were clumsy and only his charm saved his performance.  Sharon Stone probably wishes she could destroy every last copy of her awful scenes in this film.  Even James Earl Jones couldn't save the movie, he wanders around in a grass skirt waving Conan's axe and looking like he regretted signing before reading the script.  

I'm a fan of bad 80's B-movies, a lot of them are fun, but this one is just bad. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

TAKDbbE.jpg

Snowpiercer. I've wanted to see this since it released and for some reason never got around to it. Really liked it. I tend to dig this sort of shtick in general--silly concept executed pretty much exactly how it needed to be. Serious but isn't overbearing about its own self-seriousness. Doesn't drag much but probably could've stood to drop 20 minutes, anyway, or else thrown in some sort of later-car subplot somewhere into that last half hour.

7fNUlew.jpg

Employee of the Month. Guilty-pleasure flick I was happy to see made it to Netflix here recently. This movie probably has the highest ratio of actors I dislike to viewing enjoyment derived of anything I've ever watched.

Or lowest ratio. I'm bad at ratios. Math in general. It's awful.

There are a lot of unlikable people in this movie, but I very much enjoy this movies.

Thank you. That is all.

• Like 5

On 4/7/2019 at 8:56 PM, KruleBear said:

We watched Spiderman into the Spiderverse.....Absolutely loved it!

My son is 6 and I wasn’t sure if it would be too scary, but he really liked the preview. I told him if he was good we could watch a movie on our big screen projector as a reward. Today he got his reward and he grabbed his Despicable Me movie and I slipped this in instead. He was super excited when it started playing and loved it. He made my wife watch it with him again tonight. 

All the quirkiness really worked. So far my top 3 Marvel movies are This, Big Hero 6,  and the first Iron Man. 

And the Spidercave! Oh! The Spidercave! :lol:

While Homeless Hobo Spidey gripes! I LOOVE the term Homeless Hobo Spiderman! :wub:

But the best part was Olivia. :blues: SHE deserves her own movie! And the reveal, where her entire character snaps (into focus). :devil:

Removed a spoiler.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I saw the new Hellboy last night. The best thing I can say about it, is that the Dinner at Red Robin before the movie was good... :mellow:

Well. I do like the new actor who plays Hellboy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

6 hours ago, Smokestack said:

I saw the new Hellboy last night. The best thing I can say about it, is that the Dinner at Red Robin before the movie was good... :mellow:

Bummer. I was thinking of making the wife go to it with me for my 50 BD this weekend, but have been on the fence. I guess I will wait to see it at home or watch the Ron Pearlman version’s this weekend. 

• Like 2

I got my tickets for Endgame. Monday the 29th. 

I have a Plan: I will drink nothing for a few hours before the movie, hold off on drinking anything at the beginning, then, while the animated credits are going, I'll work my way down the stairs, watch the mid-credits scene, waddle quickly to the restroom when the main credits roll, and hopefully make it back in time for the end credits scene. 

I refuse to take bathroom breaks during the movie! I will persevere! :grr:

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Smokestack said:

Care to elaborate what was wrong with the film? In spoilers, of course :poke: I was planning to go see is as I love most of the directors other work (The Descent, Dog Soldiers, Centurion etc). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I got my tickets for Endgame. Monday the 29th. 

I have a Plan: I will drink nothing for a few hours before the movie, hold off on drinking anything at the beginning, then, while the animated credits are going, I'll work my way down the stairs, watch the mid-credits scene, waddle quickly to the restroom when the main credits roll, and hopefully make it back in time for the end credits scene. 

I refuse to take bathroom breaks during the movie! I will persevere! :grr:

my husband will most likely take two or three

he also doesn't want to pre-order tickets, but since we're a small town we should hopefully be okay going a week or so after it opens

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Care to elaborate what was wrong with the film? In spoilers, of course :poke: I was planning to go see is as I love most of the directors other work (The Descent, Dog Soldiers, Centurion etc). 

I didn't hate the movie, but definitely did not love it. I will give some general non spoiler comments. Bad acting. This one falls on Milla Jovovich. Who I normally like, but she was both phoning it in and overacting at the same time. Rushed narrative. The movie tries to do a lot. And fails. It would have been better as a mini series on Netflix. Then they could have spent more than 5 minutes on the many things they tried to do. My biggest complaint though... Every time someone talked to Hellboy, they had to punctuate each sentence with his name...

"Hellboy, we need to go down the stairs Hellboy. Do you think I look fat Hellboy? Hellboy, why are you looking at me like that?" In one scene, I counted a character do that 5 times in one conversation. It was bizarre and not how normal conversations go. And it was literally every person who talked to him.

in General, I would probably give it a 2/5 and that is because the New guy who played Hellboy was pretty good, and in general the supporting characters were good.  I would still see it at the theatre, as the special effects were pretty.

Oh, and needless abundant gore... for no real reason. Very gory, I had to look away on a couple occasions.

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

Just watched Spiderverse. Great film, loved the animation + the whole comic book come to life feel. I used to be a big Spidey universe/comic fan but when I got out in the early 90s I dropped everything comics so I'm not up on current stuff as much. Still I loved the female Doc Ock & the Scorpion & Spider-Gwen.

Hoping they make a sequel & it's as equally good. Anyone watch past the credits? :lol:

Also rented Infinity War just to rewatch it before Endgame comes out.

• Like 5

On 4/11/2019 at 5:48 PM, PaganMegan said:

And the Spidercave! Oh! The Spidercave! :lol:

While Homeless Hobo Spidey gripes! I LOOVE the term Homeless Hobo Spiderman! :wub:

But the best part was Olivia. :blues: SHE deserves her own movie! And the reveal, where her entire character snaps (into focus). :devil:

Removed a spoiler.

Nah - she deserves a Saturday Morning TV show - Octavia and Friends! :lol:

And, yeah, that scene where she flips, and suddenly snaps into focus....

The Auld Grump - pizza is almost gone.... ::(: Ah, well, back to the game! Always fun when the party is being shot with poisoned arrows by the people that they are trying to rescue! (But the reward will pay for the entire ship to be refitted.)

• Like 2

Haha, Hubby found a blu ray for Killer Clowns from Outer Space :lol: at Walmart for $5. 

Our daughter is gonna be so weird! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4