Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

7 hours ago, John Fiala said:

I've got a ticket for Saturday afternoon!  How necessary is watching "Ant Man and the Wasp" before this?  I've seen everything else.

(And I almost asked about Aunt Man and the Wasp. :)

If you get a chance, I'd recommend watching Ant Man and the Wasp. It's not essential, but it does explain why Scott Lang acts like he does in the film.

At worst, you've spent a couple of hours watching a nice little caper movie.

Oh, and this isn't a spoiler but don't hang around after the extended actor credits at the end of the movie. No bonus scene in this one, I'm afraid ::o:

There is a weird noise over the Marvel logo right at the end, but it's certainly not worth waiting through the credits for, though.

It's kind of like a weird clanging noise. I have no idea what it was supposed to signify

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

If you get a chance, I'd recommend watching Ant Man and the Wasp. It's not essential, but it does explain why Scott Lang acts like he does in the film.

At worst, you've spent a couple of hours watching a nice little caper movie.

Oh, and this isn't a spoiler but don't hang around after the extended actor credits at the end of the movie. No bonus scene in this one, I'm afraid ::o:

There is a weird noise over the Marvel logo right at the end, but it's certainly not worth waiting through the credits for, though.

Reveal hidden contents

It's kind of like a weird clanging noise. I have no idea what it was supposed to signify

Thank you, that is good to know.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I just got back from End Game and would recommend watching Ant Man and the Wasp for background/context. I crammed watching that, Dr Strange, and the latest Thor earlier in the week (I'd been slacking on my Marvel upkeep) and was glad I did.

• Like 5

I’ve seen it! EEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeee! :wub::wub::wub:

(We had a really demonstrative audience, clapping and cheering at certain points.)

(But yes, bring something to blot tears. Ahhhh, the feels ...)

(Wasn’t expecting to see it for a week but our game got cancelled, so good news pulled out of bad.)

• Like 6

The wife and I watched The Free State of Jones.  It was about a deserter from the confederate army that was hiding away with some escaped slaves in the swamps and they finally started fighting against the confederacy and plantation owners. I have been wanting to watch it for awhile.  

We really enjoyed it. My wife couldn’t believe some of the atrocities conveyed...apparently she was a tad historically naive. The actors were great. I did find the editing a bit jarring when they jumped to a future time, but even that made more sense towards the end.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Brother Jim said:

Rewatched Avengers: Infinity War last night.

Going to see Avengers: Endgame at 1345 today.

I didn't get to see Endgame today, will try to see it Monday morning.

I picked up Mortal Engines from the library...it was good enough I want to see sequels, but I don't think it made enough at the box office for that to happen. I also picked up Ride, Aquaman and London Fields, but probably won't get to them until Tue morning.

• Like 2

I saw Endgame on Thursday night. I really liked it. I saw the points that I was supposed to cry, but didn't really feel the urge. But I did really like it.

Warning... its 3 hours... I did not make it all the way through without a bathroom break... and I did not get my usual $8 soda... I think I made it 1.5 hours in, and ran when it was focusing on a character that I am not really invested in. (but after this movie, the character moved up on my like list).

• Like 4

While everyone else is watching Endgame, I watched Ready Player One.

Had fun playing spot the reference (although I didn't get as many as I thought I would), but didn't think much of the film itself.

I'm also pretty sure whoever wrote the script has never actually played a video game, it would've taken the average gamer community 5 minutes, not 5 years, to figure out how to win that race.

• Like 5

On 4/25/2019 at 11:02 PM, redambrosia said:

Thank you, that is good to know.

I think that we have seen Ant Man and the Wasp more often than any other Marvel movie. :lol:

Me because I love to hate HANK PYM!

Megan because she likes almost everybody - except HANK PYM!

It is a small scale Marvel movie - in all meanings of the term. No plot to end/conquer the world. A faction that is driven purely by dislike of one character, and another that is driven by that purest of motives - greed.

I would love to see a prequel movie - that is all about, well, HANK PYM!

The Auld Grump - strangely, he is one of my favorite characters in the MCU....

13 hours ago, Pingo said:

I’ve seen it! EEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeee! :wub::wub::wub:

(We had a really demonstrative audience, clapping and cheering at certain points.)

(But yes, bring something to blot tears. Ahhhh, the feels ...)

(Wasn’t expecting to see it for a week but our game got cancelled, so good news pulled out of bad.)

The high point when I was watching the first Avengers movie was when Steve Rogers said 'Hulk? Smash!' The entire audience stood up and cheered.

The Auld Grump - my favorite Marvel movie is Captain America: Civil War, but... that one scene in Avengers just sticks in my mind.

• Like 4