Jump to content
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

 

To be honest, it's worth watching solely for Tim Curry.

 

 

So much this! Tim Curry did such an amazing job as Pennywise. I'm really, really glad the new kid didn't try to be him, and instead did his own spin on the character, because there is no way he could have won. 

 

"Hiya, Georgie!" 

 

On an unrelated note, the movie Legend is also well worth watching just for Curry's spin as Darkness. And Clue! 

 

I'll shut up now. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Loim said:

So much this! Tim Curry did such an amazing job as Pennywise. I'm really, really glad the new kid didn't try to be him, and instead did his own spin on the character, because there is no way he could have won. 

 

"Hiya, Georgie!" 

 

On an unrelated note, the movie Legend is also well worth watching just for Curry's spin as Darkness. And Clue! 

 

I'll shut up now. 

 

Has anyone watch the new version of "Rocky Horror Picture show"?

 

Tim Curry is in that version too, this time as the Narrator. I think he turns in a deliberately DREADFUL performance, just to elf up the production as he could not be Frankenfurter. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

 

Has anyone watch the new version of "Rocky Horror Picture show"?

 

Tim Curry is in that version too, this time as the Narrator. I think he turns in a deliberately DREADFUL performance, just to elf up the production as he could not be Frankenfurter. 

 

While I have only watched clips, I respectfully disagree, and I sincerely doubt that Tim would do that. He suffered a major stroke in 2012 and he has fortunately recovered reasonably well, but it left him depending on a wheelchair and it severely affected his speech and facial movements, which would understandably limit what he is able to do as an actor. Tim remains as witty and funny as ever, however; when he agreed to be in the remake, he joked that he should take on the roll of Dr. Scott since he was already in a wheelchair.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

 

While I have only watched clips, I respectfully disagree, and I sincerely doubt that Tim would do that. He suffered a major stroke in 2012 and he has fortunately recovered reasonably well, but it left him depending on a wheelchair and it severely affected his speech and facial movements, which would understandably limit what he is able to do as an actor. Tim remains as witty and funny as ever, however; when he agreed to be in the remake, he joked that he should take on the roll of Dr. Scott since he was already in a wheelchair.

Well dang, I had never heard about that. Tim Curry has always been one of my favorites. 

 

7 hours ago, Loim said:

So much this! Tim Curry did such an amazing job as Pennywise. I'm really, really glad the new kid didn't try to be him, and instead did his own spin on the character, because there is no way he could have won. 

 

"Hiya, Georgie!" 

 

On an unrelated note, the movie Legend is also well worth watching just for Curry's spin as Darkness. And Clue! 

 

I'll shut up now. 

“Anything with Tim Curry” is what I’m hearing.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Loim said:

So much this! Tim Curry did such an amazing job as Pennywise. I'm really, really glad the new kid didn't try to be him, and instead did his own spin on the character, because there is no way he could have won. 

 

"Hiya, Georgie!" 

 

On an unrelated note, the movie Legend is also well worth watching just for Curry's spin as Darkness. And Clue! 

 

I'll shut up now. 

Grump has an album of Tim Curry singing.

 

The song that sticks in my head, no matter how hard I try to shake it out, is the Zucchini Song. :wacko:

 

Aaarrrgh!

 

It's such a lovely color, so big and round and fat!

 

Get it out of my head! GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, how about some Toxic Love instead?

 

Tim Curry was also fantastic in  The Colour of Magic.

 

5645802984_67cf1a2179_o.jpg

Dead Mens Pointy Shoes

by YeAuldGrump, on Flickr

 

The Auld Grump

5 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

 

While I have only watched clips, I respectfully disagree, and I sincerely doubt that Tim would do that. He suffered a major stroke in 2012 and he has fortunately recovered reasonably well, but it left him depending on a wheelchair and it severely affected his speech and facial movements, which would understandably limit what he is able to do as an actor. Tim remains as witty and funny as ever, however; when he agreed to be in the remake, he joked that he should take on the roll of Dr. Scott since he was already in a wheelchair.

Tim Curry is a trouper, and for an actor there is no higher compliment. (Other than money - most would agree that money is the sincerest form of flattery.)

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favourite Tim Curry performance is as Long John Silver in Muppet Treasure Island. The scenery he chewed in that film was truly astounding ::D:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

My favourite Tim Curry performance is as Long John Silver in Muppet Treasure Island. The scenery he chewed in that film was truly astounding ::D:

That movie is just brilliant all the way around. I  love me some Muppets.

 

I will have to say that I love Eddie Izzard the most as John Silver. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the subject of Clue, we were watching a Murder 101 on Hallmark the other night and noticed the Main protaganist has all the murder items from Clue sitting on display in her office!

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

 

While I have only watched clips, I respectfully disagree, and I sincerely doubt that Tim would do that. He suffered a major stroke in 2012 and he has fortunately recovered reasonably well, but it left him depending on a wheelchair and it severely affected his speech and facial movements, which would understandably limit what he is able to do as an actor. Tim remains as witty and funny as ever, however; when he agreed to be in the remake, he joked that he should take on the roll of Dr. Scott since he was already in a wheelchair.

 

:blush::blush::blush:

 

Not sure if "Thank you" is the right thing to say, but glad that I was put right in this case.

 

The remake of Rocky Horror has only one laugh-out-loud moment:

 

Magenta bangs the gong and announces dinner.

Columbia turns to the audience and quips: "I hope it's not Meatloaf again!"

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

My favourite Tim Curry performance is as Long John Silver in Muppet Treasure Island. The scenery he chewed in that film was truly astounding ::D:

 

Oh, yeah.  And if you're fond of Tim Curry chewing on the scenery, you've got to enjoy the Three Musketeers (1993) where he plays Cardinal Richelieu.

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John Fiala said:

 

Oh, yeah.  And if you're fond of Tim Curry chewing on the scenery, you've got to enjoy the Three Musketeers (1993) where he plays Cardinal Richelieu.

 

The Disney Three Musketeers.

 

Really stupid movie with some really excellent scenes and pull quotes. And Curry's scenes are among the best: "All for one, and more for me!"

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've watched the first couple episodes of the new Dark Crystal series on Netflix.

I am still pondering my opinion about the quality of the series. Story is still unfolding, although it's better than I'd thought it was going to be; I usually find prequels to be a foregone conclusion, since I know how the story ends from seeing the original. Still, they're doing a great job; the visuals are RICH, rich, rich! Although seeing the series sort of spoils some of the plot points of the original movie, if you haven't seen it yet. And seeing the original movie spoils the miniseries. Hence my problem with prequels.

But I'd recommend that any fantasy artists.... even a Sunday painter like myself... watch it, simply for the design, the use of color, the RICHNESS of all the visuals.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:
36 minutes ago, John Fiala said:

 

Oh, yeah.  And if you're fond of Tim Curry chewing on the scenery, you've got to enjoy the Three Musketeers (1993) where he plays Cardinal Richelieu.

 

The Disney Three Musketeers.

 

Really stupid movie with some really excellent scenes and pull quotes. And Curry's scenes are among the best: "All for one, and more for me!"

I LOVE this movie!! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...