Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Watched "Watcher in the Woods" last night, along with both WTF alternative endings... :blink: I'm glad they went with the ending they did. 

• Like 2

Watched Frozen 2 on Saturday. I liked it better than the first, but then, I hate the trolls (they’re evil). Loved the 80s power ballad, loved the versions of songs that Panic! at the disco and weezer did at the end, and loved that the toy merchandisers held off on a doll opportunity so as not to spoil part of the ending.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Watched Frozen 2 on Saturday. I liked it better than the first, but then, I hate the trolls (they’re evil). Loved the 80s power ballad, loved the versions of songs that Panic! at the disco and weezer did at the end, and loved that the toy merchandisers held off on a doll opportunity so as not to spoil part of the ending.

I really enjoyed Frozen 2 and am equally surprised that certain costumes are not present in merchandise and also in general Google image searches. Hoping to get some of that merch later on, though, because it was gorgeous.

I went to Knives Out with my Mom over the weekend as well, and it was really good. The previews make it seem a bit more like a straightforward whodunnit than the actual movie is, but it's still really entertaining, and there's still a pretty solid mystery there. I definitely recommend it and Frozen 2.

• Like 8

Trying to decide if I want to rewatch all 9 main story episodes of Star Wars before going to see Episode 9 (Rogue One does confuse the numbering a bit.....) or just the last couple.....

• Like 2

Went and saw Ford v Ferrari in theatres yesterday. I really enjoyed it. Well put together, solid actors, a smarmy foil that blows my mind with how punchable he is. Assuming it's more or less historically accurate, I felt really awful for Christian Bale's character near the end, but he was excellent in the role.

Then my wife and I rented Dora and the Lost City of Gold for the fun of it, and it was an entertaining "what did I just watch?" movie. Cast was fine, lead playing Dora is adorable and appropriately earnest. There were some truly weird moments, too. Still, it was a fun enough movie. Probably won't worry about seeing it again, though.

• Like 6

Watched Spider-man:- Far From Home today. Thought the first half was pretty meh (the high school drama parts do nothing for me), and it didn't help that 

Spoiler

Mysterio is my favourite Spider-man villain, so I knew the whole thing was a scam from the start.

But the second half was a vast improvement.

Annoyingly though, I forgot I haven't seen Avengers:- Endgame yet, I'd done so well avoiding spoilers too.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Watched Spider-man:- Far From Home today. Thought the first half was pretty meh (the high school drama parts do nothing for me), and it didn't help that 

Hide contents

Mysterio is my favourite Spider-man villain, so I knew the whole thing was a scam from the start.

But the second half was a vast improvement.

Annoyingly though, I forgot I haven't seen Avengers:- Endgame yet, I'd done so well avoiding spoilers too.

How have you not seen Endgame yet? Are you mad?

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I haven't either, and I even have Disney Plus.... 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

The rent-by-mail place I get my films from hasn't got around to sending it out to me yet.

Normally they're pretty good at following release order, just not this time.

• Like 3

On 12/6/2019 at 2:16 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Trying to decide if I want to rewatch all 9 main story episodes of Star Wars before going to see Episode 9 (Rogue One does confuse the numbering a bit.....) or just the last couple.....

I'd say just go for the last two, they're the most relevant. 

On a completely unrelated note, we have tickets for a special screening of Episodes VII and VIII on the the evening of the 18th with Skywalker starting at 00.05 on the 19th. I love midnight showings, everyone is always so enthusiastic and happy to be there ^_^

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aku-chan said:

The rent-by-mail place I get my films from hasn't got around to sending it out to me yet.

Normally they're pretty good at following release order, just not this time.

Do you have a Redbox near you?

• Like 1