Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Huh, the Ohio library network only has the Blue-Ray of Arachnoquake, which I have no way to watch.

But I now have the DVD of Velocipastor on hold.

• Haha 4

I'll let ya'll know what I think of it when it gets in.

I had seen Arachnoquake when it premiered on SyFy and did not like it as much as Lavalantula or Big Booty Spider.

Edited by Brother Jim
Auto editing bad words, replaced with more accurate non-bad word
  • Like 2

While I was at Wal*Mart getting the oil changed in my car today I wandered through the store and wound up impulsively buying some cheap DVDs: The Dark Tower, Suicide Squad, and Detective Pikachu. But I, uh... I'm not sure I actually want to watch any of these movies. Please advise.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Marvin said:

While I was at Wal*Mart getting the oil changed in my car today I wandered through the store and wound up impulsively buying some cheap DVDs: The Dark Tower, Suicide Squad, and Detective Pikachu. But I, uh... I'm not sure I actually want to watch any of these movies. Please advise.

Detective Pikachu was a pretty solid movie. I really enjoyed it... I haven't seen Dark Tower and Suicide Squad was... not good. I'm not sure I hated it, but I probably wouldn't watch it again.

34 minutes ago, Brother Jim said:

I got nothing else....no, I like Katana too. :rolleyes:

YN3RqhO.png.fabcc89f78d59f0f6035b59e5968286e.png

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

The Dark Tower, Suicide Squad, and Detective Pikachu

Detective Deadpool Pikachu is pretty good.

Suicide Squad is entertaining.  Just don't think about the plot.  Margot Robbie is amazing as Harley.

The Dark Tower is probably a decent movie if you have never read the series.  If, on the other hand, you've read the series several times and consider it among King's best works, prepare to be hugely disappointed.

• Like 7

208520.jpg

Okay, it wasn't bad. From the perspective of someone who's not really into Pokémon at all, they did it about the best they possibly could have, as far as making a live-action adaptation goes, with all the Poké-stuff normalized or whatnot and the driving force of the movie being the mystery plot. 3.5/5 Staryus.

Had a preview of Godzilla: King of the Monsters before the movie, and it actually looked kinda cool. Anybody see it?

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

The Dark Tower is probably a decent movie if you have never read the series.  If, on the other hand, you've read the series several times and consider it among King's best works, prepare to be hugely disappointed.

I F Idris Elba can't save a film it must be a stinker.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Marvin said:

This... actually sounds terrifying to me. :;,;:

Aracnoquake isn't that scary, I mean giant albino fire breathing spiders are nothing compared to the horror of an adult Edward Furlong. Time was not kind to that poor fellow.

11 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

This is the best (and most accurate) review I've ever seen of The Dark Tower. I'm a big Steven King fan, so I spent most of the film mentally bashing my head against a brick wall. It was such a wasted opportunity :angry:

9 hours ago, Marvin said:

Had a preview of Godzilla: King of the Monsters before the movie, and it actually looked kinda cool. Anybody see it?

It's awesome! The human parts are pretty bland, but who goes to see a 'zilla movie for the humans? It loses a little bit on the small screen, but the monsters are absolutely gorgeous. Especially King Ghidorah, he was stunning :wub:

3 hours ago, paintybeard said:

I F Idris Elba can't save a film it must be a stinker.

To be honest, he looks embarrassed to be in it. He tries his best, but even he can't save it ::(:

• Like 5

On 2/19/2020 at 12:07 AM, Marvin said:

208520.jpg

Okay, it wasn't bad. From the perspective of someone who's not really into Pokémon at all, they did it about the best they possibly could have, as far as making a live-action adaptation goes, with all the Poké-stuff normalized or whatnot and the driving force of the movie being the mystery plot. 3.5/5 Staryus.

Why'd you buy Detective Pikachu if you're not even interested in Pokémon?

• Like 1

I'unno. I've been around it forever, just never played/collected/watched.

When I was a teenager in the 90s I worked part-time at Burger King and wound up with a ton of the Pokémon toys and stuff they put in the kids' meals back then though. Between that and Smash Bros. I reckon I developed a passing fondness.

• Like 3

On 2/18/2020 at 4:29 PM, Marvin said:

Can you do returns?  Having seen all three, I can say that only Detective Pikachu is any good, and that’s only if you’re already a Pokémon fan.

Dark Tower is sure to disappoint any fan of the Stephen King book series (I am not), as it elides most everything but the beginning and end, and Suicide Squad is just a hot mess.  (Unless you’re talking about the animated film, Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay!)

• Like 2