Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Just saw Train to Busan. It’s a Korean horror movie, in the zombie genre. It was very well done. I have gotten zombied out in the last several years but this was a good movie. From the cast to the story to the effects. It doesn’t do anything new, but what it does, it does really well. I cried several times and especially at the end. I saw it in Korean with English subtitles. I highly recommend. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Smokestack said:

Just saw Train to Busan. It’s a Korean horror movie, in the zombie genre. It was very well done. I have gotten zombied out in the last several years but this was a good movie. From the cast to the story to the effects. It doesn’t do anything new, but what it does, it does really well. I cried several times and especially at the end. I saw it in Korean with English subtitles. I highly recommend. 

In case you were not aware, there is also an animated prequel to this movie called Seoul Station.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, alchemist said:

In case you were not aware, there is also an animated prequel to this movie called Seoul Station.

I saw it was recently added to Shudder. Its now on my list. It says its a prequel. That is actually what prompted me to Watch Train to Busan. 

• Like 3

Train to Busan was great.   Most movies I have seen from Korea have been excellent. 

• Like 4

Did a double header last night at the local theatre:

Sonic the Hedgehog: It was fine. The effects were fine. Jim Carrey was pretty over the top in the kind of way only Jim Carrey can pull off. It was a fun enough movie, but I don't get why everyone seems to think that the best way to monetize these sorts of characters is to shoehorn them onto "Earth" rather than just leaving them in their own worlds. Though I'm not a huge fan of the Sonic games, so I don't have much interest in or concern for the respect for the "canon" or whatever.

The Invisible Man: Suspenseful movie, solid acting, interesting and creepy. There's some beats that gave me pause, but all in all, it was a decent thriller movie.

• Like 5

BB54130B-9C4F-4F5A-AA23-4205347D57BB.thumb.jpeg.a5077f33cc2ee34fb0314d14b4da4235.jpeg

Watched this last night based on the recommendation of somebody around here who was talking it up, but I don't know who it wad now. In another thread maybe. I am not a big horror movie guy, but I enjoyed this. Nic pretty much just does a parody of himself when he kicks it into the highest zany gear, these days, and most the other actors were just a bit of direction away from being good instead of okay--didn't help that the characterization is pretty thin--but it's a dark, brooding flick and kind of beautiful to look at. Reminded me a lot of Poltergeist in some ways. Lacks the "boo!" factor I like but has enough personal drama underneath and enough creepy broccoli to carry itself along.

:;,;::;,;::;,;::;,;:/:;,;::;,;::;,;::;,;::;,;:

• Like 6

On 2/28/2020 at 12:28 PM, Smokestack said:

Ok, saw the prequel, Seoul Station. It was pretty good. Not as good as Train to Busan, but solid. It was again your typical zombie movie, not doing anything new (even more so than the first one) but it did everything well. 

this time the story focuses more on 3 main characters, but what made it slightly less enjoyable is I didn’t really like 2 of the 3. 

it has a sort of twist ending, which I found enjoyable and did not see coming. It does not have any direct links to any of the characters in Train, but all of the signs are in Korean, and were not subtitled to English, so place names, building names or company names could have a tie in.

overall it was enjoyable. I did not cry at all in this one. Looking forward to seeing the sequel now. 

• Like 4

We watched the new Addams Family last night, the CGI one. It was a LOT of fun. Constant one liners for the adults and just a great little popcorn movie. Will definitely buy this one for the stash.

• Like 3

The-Dark-Tower-teaser-poster.jpg

This was watchable. Rushed and bland and a bit jumbled, they definitely shouldn't have dialed the violence back, and I can see why fans of the books were disappointed; but it's an okay action flick.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Marvin said:

The-Dark-Tower-teaser-poster.jpg

This was watchable. Rushed and bland and a bit jumbled, they definitely shouldn't have dialed the violence back, and I can see why fans of the books were disappointed; but it's an okay action flick.

No lobstrosities... but I enjoyed it. Wasn’t a great movie, but not bad. And The main actors are top notch. 

• Like 6

Me: I'm gonna watch a new movie tonight!

Movie: *has 140-minute runtime*

Me again: I'm gonna watch Demolition Man for the umpteenth time!

6A2BEC89-BED0-4D76-AD40-1E339E98C9AD.jpeg.68d5260c59eb92a1dc122425eb0827f8.jpeg

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Me again: I'm gonna watch Demolition Man for the umpteenth time!

Ah, Demolition Man.  The source of that perennial philosophical question:  “What are the three seashells for?”

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Cave Bear said:

Ah, Demolition Man.  The source of that perennial philosophical question:  “What are the three seashells for?”

529E4508-E2EA-4C80-9A6B-772C7562E1FA.jpeg.1d21045a0a812337047b7c8809ca0a57.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Confused 1