Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

my problem with Winter Soldier is in part based on Bucky not being able to just...you know...plug his ears lol. Problem solved. Can't control him if he can't hear you. I dunno, his character rubs me wrong, as does everones' almost maniac need to save him

• Like 4

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

I just think the soul stone just wants to make sure it’s getting a really dedicated psychopath, so it can be as full of souls as possible.

I still can't watch the acquisition of the soul stone in Endgame. The wounds are still too deep on that... but this above would add weight to my household argument that Hawkeye is truly a murdering psychopath... he spent five years going on a rampage.

• Like 6

Just watched Angel has Fallen and Extraction. Both are big dumb solid action flicks with lots of guns and dead bodies.

Angel is the third of the Fallen movies and is the weakest. Extraction is a direct to Netflix movie directed by the stunt coordinator for the Avengers movies.and produced by the Russo brothers. I sum it up as Thor Channels his inter John Wick.

• Like 6

I enjoyed Angel Has Fallen for what it was, action entertainment. 

We put Birds of Prey on tonight. It was neither as bad as I had heard, or as good as it could have been.  The acting seemed forced or stiff. I get that some scenes were supposed to be awkward, but the whole movie was like that.  Also not a fan of storytelling by flashback.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

my problem with Winter Soldier is in part based on Bucky not being able to just...you know...plug his ears lol. Problem solved. Can't control him if he can't hear you. I dunno, his character rubs me wrong, as does everones' almost maniac need to save him

Bucky isn't resisting in Winter Soldier, though. He's brainwashed and thinks he should be following instructions. Are you getting that confused with Civil War and Zemo?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Bucky isn't resisting in Winter Soldier, though. He's brainwashed and thinks he should be following instructions. Are you getting that confused with Civil War and Zemo?

possibly. i've only seen both Winter Soldier and Civil War once each, and neither caught my liking too much so i haven't rewatched them in a very long time. I may be getting them mixed up. I like the original Captain America, but the rest of his stand alone / high profile movies just aren't my cup of tea. Still not sure WHY that is. Kind of like Iron Man, i like hte original Iron Man, but Iron man 2 and 3 are 'eh'. I like the Avenger movie, and Inifnity War / Endgame, but not Avengers Ultron

but i also  like fairly humourous movies. I tend to be a bit cynical and pessimistic IRL, so having something happy and fun to watch is better than a dark and gritty movie. Which is why movies like Guardians of the Galaxy are some of my favorite Marvel movies

• Like 2

I too am perplexed by people's love for Bucky. Dude just looks like a beat dog.

Those first two Cap movies are my favorite in the franchise tho.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Beowulfthehunter said:

Just watched Angel has Fallen and Extraction. Both are big dumb solid action flicks with lots of guns and dead bodies.

Angel is the third of the Fallen movies and is the weakest. Extraction is a direct to Netflix movie directed by the stunt coordinator for the Avengers movies.and produced by the Russo brothers. I sum it up as Thor Channels his inter John Wick.

We watched Extraction last night, it was a fun and enjoyable action movie. 

• Like 3

Rented Onward digitally through the AMC app last night, since the wife and I couldn't see it in theatres. Really fun, entertaining movie. I have a stronger desire to add it to my Pixar library than some of the more recent entries that've come out lately.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Rented Onward digitally through the AMC app last night, since the wife and I couldn't see it in theatres. Really fun, entertaining movie. I have a stronger desire to add it to my Pixar library than some of the more recent entries that've come out lately.

we plan to watch that soon, we got a free disney plus trial and will finish mandalorian tonight, and next is Onward

Re: the mandalorian: I'm actually enjoying it. It feels more like 'old' star wars that i loved, rather than the new Disney stuff i really don't like. I especially like the representation of alien races, something i think Disney star wars movies failed at. They claim to be representative but then have a all-human main cast haha, it's nice to see aliens getting star spots in the Mandalorian episodes, and to see aliens in general life in the cities

so far though, i'm having fun with it, seems like a good show. Love the soundtrack and visuals

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Beowulfthehunter said:

20 hours ago, Inarah said:

I enjoyed Angel Has Fallen for what it was, action entertainment. 

We put Birds of Prey on tonight. It was neither as bad as I had heard, or as good as it could have been.  The acting seemed forced or stiff. I get that some scenes were supposed to be awkward, but the whole movie was like that.  Also not a fan of storytelling by flashback.

Nick Nolte’s character made the movie for me.  I enjoyed Olympus has falling, but  Angel Has Fallen was a lot more fun and the mindless brain candy I needed with all the Covid craziness. I guess I need to watch London has fallen to fill out the trilogy.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Marvin said:

I too am perplexed by people's love for Bucky. Dude just looks like a beat dog.

Those first two Cap movies are my favorite in the franchise tho.

That would be exactly why. He’s cute and he’s hurt. Must protect!

15 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Ah, Hubby and I watched that the other night. It was FANTASTIC! 

I love the mom, she’s a total badelf. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

That would be exactly why. He’s cute and he’s hurt. Must protect!

Ah, Hubby and I watched that the other night. It was FANTASTIC! 

I love the mom, she’s a total badelf. 

Re: Bucky: ah, see that's part of what turns me off from that character :ph34r:

we watched Onward yesterday, it was a lot of fun. I greatly enjoyed the dragon, and i do not want to question the mother or her boyfriend situation

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

we watched Onward yesterday, it was a lot of fun. I greatly enjoyed the dragon, and i do not want to question the mother or her boyfriend situation

Just take a deep breath, and chant “evil wizards did it” until you don’t question the logic any more. I had the same curiosity as to how that whole thing would work, but as my mind drifted to seedier parts of my internet history, I decided I would be better to just live with the relationship unquestioned.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1