Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Pitch Meetings are hilarious :lol: I stumbled into them last summer and may have churned through all the available ones in two days. It was super easy, barely an inconvenience....

In case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, here's the pitch meeting for Man of Steel

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3vWAeqedxLk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

we watched Bloodshot the other night.  Was a Vin Diesel movie...

Story was... well, it was a Vin Diesel movie.  Made more sense than some of the F&F movies at least.

CGI was a bit blatant at times.

Wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

• Like 6

Wife took our baby to her mom's tonight so I had the house to myself. Frank Castle ( my dog) and I watched Rambo Last Blood. It was predictable, terrible CGI blood, and had so many plot holes, but I got to see John Rambo kill drug cartel guys so no complaints.

• Like 5

Wife and I streamed Birds of Prey: Or, the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn last night. I saw it in theatres, but I think I liked it better the second time through. I still really, really hate the waste of Cassandra Cain on that plot device of a "character" rather than getting the opportunity for the best Batgirl at some later point. I agree completely with Nando v Movies's rewrite of that movie.

• Like 6

DH and I watched The Spy Who Dumped Me.  Was expecting it to be stupid and funny and was pleasantly not disappointed. It's predictable and cliche, and starts a little slow, but the action picks up and there are some really good laughs.  The story takes a few turns, and has a satisfying ending.  Mature language, crude humor, violence, drug references, and brief male nudity. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

DH and I watched The Spy Who Dumped Me.  Was expecting it to be stupid and funny and was pleasantly not disappointed. It's predictable and cliche, and starts a little slow, but the action picks up and there are some really good laughs.  The story takes a few turns, and has a satisfying ending.  Mature language, crude humor, violence, drug references, and brief male nudity. 

I love that movie, if for no other reason than Kate McKinnon is a goddess.

• Like 4

In light of VE Day/День Победа I watched Несокрушимый (Indestructable but on youtube as Tankers) last night. Decent russian film about a tank commander in 1942 that won the Soviet Union's highest award. After watching I read a little about it because most films mangle the history. Main complaints I found were that the tank models used in the film were late war versions and not accurate for '42. Considering that the russian tanks were actual running T-34 85s from WW2 that's a minor complaint I figure. Not sure if the panzers were cgi or not. The youtube video has english subtitles so it's worth a watch if you're interested in that sort of thing at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

MV5BNzU3ZTI1OTktNjVkNy00OWEzLWIyNzAtMWQ5YjRkZDU1ZjAxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_.jpg.2ee0af676d72c5928d8cf7492eea00e5.jpg

Watched Guns Akimbo last night. Ridiculous, fun action movie starring Daniel Radcliffe as a guy who gets abducted, has guns bolted into his hands, and is then thrown into an underground reality show where people are pitted in battles to the death. Super violent, funny, crazy, dark... It was definitely not a Harry Potter movie, but it was exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

watched Toy Story 4 and How to Train Your Dragon: hidden world

my feelings on both are....mixed. I kind of prefer the endings the previous movie in each series had left off with

more in detail thoughts in the spoilers for thsoe that hadn't seen them

Toy story 4

Spoiler

This movie felt rather unnecessary, and the ending is, in my opinion, much worse than the ending Toy Story 3 left off with. At the end of 3, all the toys were with a new owner who was going to love them and play with them, they were all together and happy

toy story 4 leaves off with them separated, and the child ended up being one who will lose interest in a toy and begin neglecting it in favor of something more new and exciting. Not really a good ending for the toys going with her, now that she has shown how easily she drops a toy from her favor and begins forgetting about them. 

on top of that, i miss the fact Toy Story movies used to be about the whole cast of toys. This was very Woody-centric, the other toys were footnotes, not even worth being called side characters. They were just there to worry about Woody

how to train your dragon

Spoiler

This one felt a bit off for me as well. The end of the movie essentially puts them right back where they were at the beginning of movie 1. I very much dislike the alpha mechanic, and that the free will of the dragons are over ridden to do whatever the alpha wants. He's willing to sell them all into slavery for one dragon's life, and they meekly obey. He tells them all to leave the people they had grown to love, and they all obey. I'd have liked to see them ditch the alpha after movie 1 and let dragons have free will and real independence for once. Watching them be told to fly away from their humans without having a choice in the matter spoiled whatever moment the directors were trying to make me feel. It wasn't THEIR choice, it was Toothless, and he told them to fly away. Not exactly the kind of sad ending they were trying to impart i guess, but that's all i took away from this movie was how bad of an Alpha toothless is, and how sad for all the dragons that have their free will essentially removed 

movie 1 showed how bad the alpha mechanic was, and movie 2, i thought, also showed how bad it was. And then they make Toothless another one of those bad alphas. I had really hoped when he became alpha (which i thought was rather stupid in the first place to do), he would allow other dragons to live how they wanted and think how they wanted. i was very wrong, he over rides their wills just as much as the alphas in the previous movies

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Looks like Mr Radcliffe has realised he is never likely to get an Oscar.

Maybe not an Oscar, but have you seen Miracle Workers: Dark Ages on tv? That is hilarious, and worthy of an award (Emmys are for tv, right?).

Watched Knights of Badassdom a few nights ago. Not what I expected it to be, and certainly didn't think Peter Dinklage would be attached to a project like that during his Tyrion years. Enjoyable to watch? Had its moments. Would I watch it again? Eh, maybe? Respect increase for Dinklage? Totally.

Now I have to follow it up with my annual viewing of The Gamers: Dorkness Rising.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Now I have to follow it up with my annual viewing of The Gamers: Dorkness Rising.

That is a good one

• Like 3