Jump to content

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

Black Widow's big fight sequence in the facility is awesome. The way she disarms a guard of pepper spray and proceeds to use it against the last guard without batting an eye is one of the best choreographed fight sequences for me.

 

I'll have to rewatch it, it has been since last year that I watched it (during the massive overload of the Ultimate MCU challenge things got a bit scrambled around). Though I daresay, one of the best Marvel fight sequences, for me, is in the first season of Daredevil. Want to say it's at the end of the second episode, but it's the fight through the hallway that goes back and forth into other rooms off the corridor, with a continuous camera shot/movement... just so well done.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

 

I'll have to rewatch it, it has been since last year that I watched it (during the massive overload of the Ultimate MCU challenge things got a bit scrambled around). Though I daresay, one of the best Marvel fight sequences, for me, is in the first season of Daredevil. Want to say it's at the end of the second episode, but it's the fight through the hallway that goes back and forth into other rooms off the corridor, with a continuous camera shot/movement... just so well done.

Oh, sure. The Daredevil fight sequence was terrific, but I'm not counting the MNU with the MCU, because Marvel effectively doesn't, either.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hubby had me watch the original RoboCop tonight. I’d never seen the entire thing before. I really enjoyed it. The special effects have held up really well, and I loved seeing all those actors being so young. 
 

After that I watched Logan’s Run. It was kinda weird not seeing it starting halfway through, but cool to see all of it. Including all the gratuitous boobies they blurred out on tv :lol:

  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Hubby had me watch the original RoboCop tonight. I’d never seen the entire thing before. I really enjoyed it. The special effects have held up really well, and I loved seeing all those actors being so young. 

 

While he's done several noteworthy roles, Kurtwood Smith will always be remembered by me as Red Foreman from That '70s Show and as one of the villains from RoboCop. So good in that. I'd buy that for a dollar.

 

23 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

After that I watched Logan’s Run. It was kinda weird not seeing it starting halfway through, but cool to see all of it. Including all the gratuitous boobies they blurred out on tv :lol:

 

I can't say that I've ever seen Logan's Run, not even on TV. But now I feel like I have to... you know, for... uh... um... for science? ::P:

 

I know the weird feeling though of TV editing. I'd never ever seen the Beastmaster (one of my favorites) on anything other than TV, and when I saw it on Amazon Prime earlier this year I was like "What? That totally wasn't on TV!!" Your childhood feels a bit betrayed.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

After that I watched Logan’s Run. It was kinda weird not seeing it starting halfway through, but cool to see all of it. Including all the gratuitous boobies they blurred out on tv :lol:

 

Funny thing is when I first seen Logan's Run, it was on tv (Fox had just started in this area), & they didn't blur anything out. I was like "heeeeaaayyyy I like this channel!!!" Granted I was like 12 or 13. I did like the movie thou.

 

I watched a little bit of the 80s fest on AMC tonight. First it was Police Academy (the scene with the Commandant behind the podium & Mahoney......still funny:lol:) & then the "PG-13" version of Roadhouse (cheesy as hell, but still one of my favorite movies, mainly for the soundtrack (Jeff Healey Band!!!))

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 11:52 PM, ManvsMini said:

can't say that I've ever seen Logan's Run, not even on TV. But now I feel like I have to... you know, for... uh... um... for science?

Haha :lol: it used to be on late night cable all the time during the 90s, at least once a week. So I’d seen most of it. It really is a fantastic movie... not exactly “good”, but not really awful. Just very 70s :rolleyes: :lol:

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Beowulfthehunter said:

So while playing with Baby I watched I Frankenstein. It was good popcorn fun bad and was written by one of the Underworld guys.

 

Last night watched Tread about the 2004 Colorado Bulldozer spree.

I watched that on MovieBob's recommendation, and it was an interesting viewing. Well put together overall. I presume it's reasonably historically accurate, but I wasn't nearly as aware of national news at the time as I am now.

13 hours ago, Marvin said:

^added that to my queue earlier. Am I gonna be disappointed and/or irritated by bad anti-liberty takes, or is it a pretty fair account?

I guess it depends on what you mean by "bad anti-liberty takes," tbh. It paints the guy as seemingly a nice enough guy who takes great offense at a lot of small town politics as being directed personally against him, and then he goes off the deep end and tries to destroy the town and kill a bunch of folks, which seems to hold up to the evidence they provide.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 1:23 AM, redambrosia said:

After that I watched Logan’s Run

 

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Just very 70s :rolleyes: 

 

I looked up movie posters for it, saw who all was in it. While the main male lead's name didn't resonate, I thought immediately "that looks like a young Basil Exposition from the Austin Powers series." Sure enough, that's him!

 

Then I also saw that it had Jenny Agutter and Farrah Fawcett... now I see where the gratuitous boobies come in.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 1:23 AM, redambrosia said:

Hubby had me watch the original RoboCop tonight. I’d never seen the entire thing before. I really enjoyed it. The special effects have held up really well, and I loved seeing all those actors being so young. 
 

After that I watched Logan’s Run. It was kinda weird not seeing it starting halfway through, but cool to see all of it. Including all the gratuitous boobies they blurred out on tv :lol:

I am embarrassed to admit that I have exposed Megan to... Lifeforce....

 

Worse, I think she enjoyed it. :unsure:

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 11:52 PM, ManvsMini said:

 

I know the weird feeling though of TV editing. I'd never ever seen the Beastmaster (one of my favorites) on anything other than TV, and when I saw it on Amazon Prime earlier this year I was like "What? That totally wasn't on TV!!" Your childhood feels a bit betrayed.

 

When I was young they would play a movie on tv during the summer called The Sword & the Sorcerer, I really liked it because of the 3 bladed sword. I was a little older and we found a copy to rent, so we got it. Topless women everywhere. I have no idea how they edited that for tv.

  • Like 7
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Humansquish said:

 

When I was young they would play a movie on tv during the summer called The Sword & the Sorcerer, I really liked it because of the 3 bladed sword.

 

I may have seen that one when I was young. The three-bladed sword is vaguely familiar. The '80s were a goldmine for sword and sorcery flicks... and now that you go back to watch them as a mature (or at least semi-mature) adult, they were really just an excuse to flash as much skin as possible...

 

In other news, I read an article today that said actor James Hong might be Hollywood's most prolific actor, with over 600 film and tv credits to his name (closer to 700 if you include short films and video games)... I must now go rewatch Big Trouble in Little China and Kung Fu Panda, with a side of Wayne's World 2.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 12:16 PM, ManvsMini said:

 

In other news, I read an article today that said actor James Hong might be Hollywood's most prolific actor, with over 600 film and tv credits to his name (closer to 700 if you include short films and video games)... I must now go rewatch Big Trouble in Little China and Kung Fu Panda, with a side of Wayne's World 2.

 

Yah I read that one as well. Love him as Lo-Pan in BTLC! (then again, BTLC is probably in my top 5 of favorite movies: Best part of the movie for me is the scene in the elevator when the heroes are going down to face the force of evil. Just the expressions of everyone after they've taken the drink. Classic!!)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...