Jump to content

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But....but...Thor is the strongest Avenger    He also meets the criteria for being a bona fide Disney Princess   

I am victorious! All those other fools who got up have weaker resolve than a 9 month pregnant lady! Mwuhahaha!    Endgame was good. Cried, laughed, enjoyed it.

Recently watched two movies - 'Ready Player One' and 'Avengers: Infinity War' that I'd been kept from seeing.   Ready Player One was a little extra bittersweet, since it was a movie my wife

Posted Images

So, it seems Netflix silently added in a bunch of movies that have been on my list for a while....

 

Watched Dredd, the 2012 version.  I can definitely see why one of my favourite streamers is in love with it, and even cosplayed as Dredd.  Was a very, very good movie to watch.  So good I'd argue I'd be looking to get it on BluRay...  And I haven't bought physical media for quite a few years now.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

So we had a couple family movie nights this weekend. Saturday my 8 year old son wanted to watch Singing in the Rain. I can’t believe I never saw the whole movie.  It was rather enjoyable. 
 

Sunday was Tangled. (My wife’s pick for Mother’s Day). I bowed out of it to do other chores for her and I have seen it numerous time. It was pretty enjoyable listening to the dialogue from the other room....”...I have a dream....” Awesome. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up ordering this movie called "Day Of The Mummy" for $2.50 on an order from... Somewhere, to push me over the line to get free shipping. I sat down to watch it this weekend and it was... Okay. It's a Found Footage movie with a good reason for recording and why it doesn't stop. That being that Danny Glover (clearly just here for a paycheck) gives some sketchy archeologist a pair of glasses with a camera so he can keep tabs on him while looking for this mystical gem. Yeah... It's very "meh" but I did have a few scares (which doesn't mean much, I'm a scaredy cat) and I liked that thing about the glasses. It was worth it for less than three bucks.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

We recently watched The Big Short and The Hunt for the Wilderpeople.  The first one is exactly as infuriating as you imagine it being, and the second one was both sad and sweetly endearing.  I don't know what it is about NZ filmmaking, but I don't think I've ever disliked a movie I've seen that's come out of that country. ^_^  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, VitM said:

We recently watched The Big Short and The Hunt for the Wilderpeople.  The first one is exactly as infuriating as you imagine it being, and the second one was both sad and sweetly endearing.  I don't know what it is about NZ filmmaking, but I don't think I've ever disliked a movie I've seen that's come out of that country. ^_^  

I feel the same about movies from South Korea. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, haberfront said:

Currently watching Castlevania Season 4 Episode 5 on Netflix, you guys should watch this. A good animation flick for dracula fans out there.

 

It's on my 'To watch' list, but my dislike of Season 3 has pushed it way, way down.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been cleaning up and found a stack of DVDs a friend gave me. In the pile was "Alexander" the one with Angela Jolie. I'm thinking about watching it this weekend. What am I in for?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

I've been cleaning up and found a stack of DVDs a friend gave me. In the pile was "Alexander" the one with Angela Jolie. I'm thinking about watching it this weekend. What am I in for?

 

I believe that the best review from a critic was as follows - 

 

 "Alexander the man was great, the movie isnt"

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:
6 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

I've been cleaning up and found a stack of DVDs a friend gave me. In the pile was "Alexander" the one with Angela Jolie. I'm thinking about watching it this weekend. What am I in for?

 

I believe that the best review from a critic was as follows - 

 

 "Alexander the man was great, the movie isnt"

 

To further add, the fact that there exists four versions of the film (original theatrical release, and then three director's cuts) doesn't help. They've recently added "The Final Cut" to Netflix, done in 2007... and there's an "Ultimate Cut" done in 2013 because the director felt he put too much into the Final Cut... so... yeah... I'm waiting for a fifth version called "What Was Left on the Cutting Room Floor".

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...