Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Watched The Warriors last night.

Was surprisingly good considering it wasn't really my kind of movie, just disappointed you never get to see the Mime gang fight, I bet those guys were badass.

• Like 7
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/26/2021 at 10:17 AM, Crowley said:

Watched Luca on Disney+. Solid pixar flick. Not great, and I have some nits to pick, but cute.

You hit that on the head. Cute, ok, but not great.  The kids haven’t been asking to re watch from last weekend. 

• Like 4
On 6/26/2021 at 6:42 AM, aku-chan said:

Watched The Warriors last night.

Was surprisingly good considering it wasn't really my kind of movie, just disappointed you never get to see the Mime gang fight, I bet those guys were badass.

I watched The Warriors for the first time a few years ago, after playing the game that Rockstar made, and it is a unexpectedly good movie.  I also finally recognized where some of the soundbites in Messiah's 21st Century Jesus album are from. :lol:

• Like 5

Nobody was awesome, a bit slow to start but Odenkirk really sells both the action and the drama.  If you are an action buff, this is a must see movie. 

Last night we watched The Tommorrow War on Amazon Prime,  and it was a really fun summer blockbuster action movie.  If you like this type of movie, I think you would like it. 

• Like 6

We recently watched Tomorrow War also.  Grab some popcorn, lean back, don't analyze it too much and enjoy the explosions. 

Hoping to see F9 in a theater soon.  

• Like 5

Just got back from Black Widow.  I enjoyed it.  Very much a Marvel movie in feel.  Funnier than I expected.

Our theater requires online booking of seats and designate a block around you that no one can then book seats in, so there was no one sitting within 20 feet of us, even on opening night.

There is an end credits scene to stay and watch, if you like that sort of thing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Got a ticket to see Black Widow on Saturday. Looking forward to my first movie in a year and a half, but also nervous about it.

I realized earlier today that movie theaters are opening again. So I plan to see Black Widow on Sunday (only two showings in original English all week).

It'll my first trip to the movie since early 2019.

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Just got back from Black Widow.  I enjoyed it.  Very much a Marvel movie in feel.  Funnier than I expected.

Our theater requires online booking of seats and designate a block around you that no one can then book seats in, so there was no one sitting within 20 feet of us, even on opening night.

There is an end credits scene to stay and watch, if you like that sort of thing.

Early reviews did look positive, which is good.

Of course I'll be staying until the very end of the credits and still wonder why some people will leave before it finishes.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Yah, I thought about seeing Black Widow tonight with my son (our tradition) but I think I'll wait till later next week to go see it.

• Like 3

Our local big theaters closed for good during the quarantine.

The remaining theater is smaller and older, but is at least still open.

Goodbye Cinemagic theaters, you were awesome. ::(:

13 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

I realized earlier today that movie theaters are opening again. So I plan to see Black Widow on Sunday (only two showings in original English all week).

It'll my first trip to the movie since early 2019.

Early reviews did look positive, which is good.

Of course I'll be staying until the very end of the credits and still wonder why some people will leave before it finishes.

Shout "Noobs!" at them. ::P:

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Finally saw Black Widow this afternoon (inside a movie theater :wub:). Even went for the full experience and order myself a big hotdog combo with the works which dropped a glob of condiments on my shirt as I tried to eat it in the dark.

As for the movie itself, it was a fun Marvel action flick. Sure, many little elements defied common sense and several laws of physics; but overall I liked the "family" dynamic they had going.

And I was genuinely surprised that no one left the theater early before the end of the credits.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 7