Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Talae

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, one of Hubby’s birthday presents was a night of babysitting so the two of us could have a date night.

We had dinner and went to see Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. I enjoyed it quite a bit. There were quite a few fun Easter eggs, especially for folks who’ve seen all of the Marvel stuff, but also some non-Marvel stuff.

The mid-credits scene got me very excited. The end credits scene was hilarious. And I really appreciate that the end titles look so very Whovian.

• Like 5

Had a weekend of movie watching.

Jungle Cruise - Much better film than I was expecting, reminded me a lot of the Brendan Fraiser Mummy movies, I'd also really like a set of the 

Spoiler

Cursed Conquistadors

to paint up.

Ghostbusters:- Afterlife - Disappointing. It wasn't bad, it just took far too long to get going for my tastes.

Chip and Dale:- Rescue Rangers - Gave this one a try because I've been seeing a lot of comments about how surprisingly good it is. Personally, I don't agree, but it was interesting enough to be worth the watch.

• Like 3

Just got back from Jurassic World: Dominion

It was a fun movie, though I think they might have gone a bit to far into the easter egg moments for large chunks of it. I'm wondering about how Mantah Corp is going to be tied in since they're promised to have Season 5 of Camp Cretaceous explain it and the Barbasol Can. Which means that it's either somehow tied to BioSyn or there are 4 major genetics companies that have had their hands in a dino disaster...the 4th one being the one from Evolution of Claire.

Unfortunately, I don't have a place close that was having the extended IMAX one that included the Prologue and 5 additional minutes.

Wu is also less of a psycho in it as compared to his portrayal in the Jurassic World: Evolution: Secrets of Dr Wu stuff (Where the campaign ended in a cliff hanger of Wu taking a battle hardened series of predator hybrids to deploy against a rival...the running joke there was airdropping them into a board meeting through a window.

• Like 1