Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Talae

8 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Krull is awesome. Anyone who says differently is objectively wrong and should be pummeled with a rancid flounder.

I am sad to say that I must be pummeled ::P:

I always remember it as being cheesy, but thought I'd give it a go again recently. I don't think I managed 10 minutes, and most of that was drowned out by parts of my brain begging my eyes to stop watching it.

There are a number of shows and films I have fond memories of watching in my youth. Experience has shown that it's better to wallow in those memories than face the harsh reality of just how bad some of that stuff really was 😱

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

On 5/7/2022 at 8:00 PM, aku-chan said:

Also watched The Wraith, a pretty weird take on the whole 'Ghost gets revenge on his murderers' story, surprisingly watchable though.

The 1980's Charlie Sheen classic? Another favorite of mine.

That's the one.

• Like 2

Okay, a couple of oldies here. Just watch Topper Returns with Joan Blondell, a silly, fun 1930s comedy with tons of great wisecracks. And then a silly, made to be corny old Western called Texas across the River, it has Joey Bishop as an Indian, that tells you how serious this movie is!

• Like 2

Angela Lansbury day on tcm was a bit of a bust.  They really couldn't find something better than National Velvet to start off?  She's barely in it, Liz's older sister.  And the one about the postal convention where she doesn't show up until 3/4ths of the way through the movie as basically a glorified cameo. Skipped it all.

They did end on a high note with Sweeney Todd.  Came in during "A Little Priest" and watched to the end. 

• Like 2

Watched the Dune remake last night with Dad. Behind on watching it, I know. Luckily it was only a $10 blu ray purchase. That's all I can really say about it without going into a tirade. It may have been enjoyable had I never read the novel, but I feel too many plot points (which I consider pivotal) to the whole story were omitted and replaced with filler. Other than that only minor gripes.

Now I have to find time to watch the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League (another $10 purchase). Will be hard to find the continuous hours for that long haul.

• Like 3

Watched Pinocchio 2022 yesterday. It was a pretty good flick. Animation was top notch & the voice acting was great & fit each character. Also there is a behind the scenes documentary as well. Pretty good stuff as well. The high speed stop motion bits were really neat to see.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmL_rG4IHMpZiYL9ndDTa

• Like 3

Watched Violent Night last night as well.  It definitely lives up to the "violent" part of the name, and we got pretty much what we expected from the trailer.  While there's a child in the story, it's probably not suited for kids under ~13 yrs. 

Looks like Puss In Boots is next. 

• Like 1

Just watched Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat on Netflix, thought it was well done.  As a bonus, my dad's lovingly restored Mercedes Benz is in the movie, near the end when the Norwegians are celebrating.  Here is my dad's pic of the car:

Mercedes.jpg.640b3d0c9f23845f2018b8f4a80a4f34.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1