Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Talae

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished the new Man from Uncle a few minutes ago.

Enjoyed it a lot!

Reminds me of the very early Bond films, due to time frame. It's set in 1963... The year I was born by chance!

Sets, clothing, cars, MUSIC!!! etc, all very period.

And yes, Illya had an UNCLE Carbine in one of the scenes...

Trivia Time!

(No Cheating!)

What does U.N.C.L.E. stand for?

United Network Command for Law Enforcement

What was the International Criminal Organization that was UNCLE's enemy?

T.H.R.U.S.H

And it meant?

Technical Hierarchy for the Removal of Undesireables and the Subjugation of Humanity

And What was the common theme with the title of every tv show?

They were always the XXXXX Affair

Bonus Question! Who was the main consultant and partial Creator of the show?

The Creator of Commander James Bond, Ian Fleming!

George

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 1

Pretty sure the "critics" were mostly on board, weren't they? To a lesser degree than the first, but still. Iirc. These days though seems like every movie that comes out is the best anyone's ever seen.

I wouldn't begin to try to convince anyone of anything they don't already believe about one of these movies. I reckon people are getting exactly what they want: sound and fury and all that those signify.

That kids love these seems totally reasonable, though.

Love most of the new Marvel movies (and TV shows), including Avengers 1 and 2, so much fun. I don't nitpick them, they are fantasy movies in the end about super heroes and villains. I've never read any of the comic books to compare them to either.

Plan is to go watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens again next Monday in the theater.

• Like 1

Love most of the new Marvel movies (and TV shows), including Avengers 1 and 2, so much fun. I don't nitpick them, they are fantasy movies in the end about super heroes and villains. I've never read any of the comic books to compare them to either.

Plan is to go watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens again next Monday in the theater.

I used to collect the Marvel Stuff from78 -86 or so, collected a lot of back issue stuff as well...

So I occasionally have issues with the way the movies do things because it isn't the way they were .

I'm getting over it though.

The big problem arises when my son asks me something about this or that Marvel Character / object / whatever, and I always try to ask him if he is asking about the movies, or the original comics.

Because LORD, there are differences!

But like you said, they are movies to be enjoyed, so I always try to leave my expectations and pre conceptions at the door!

Heck, Marvel actually got me to go back to the theaters for the first time since the 1st Robert Downey JR / Jude Law Sherlock Holmes!

It also didn't hurt that a scene from Avengers #1 was shot in front of the building I work in, and that I have a piece of the set!

av19.jpg

av18.jpg

av8.jpg

me1.jpg

George

• Like 9

Yeah, I kind of freaked out when I showed up one Saturday morning to see all that stuff in front of the building!

The Best thing that I didn't get a pic of was a 5 or 6 year old boy walking down 40th st with his folks looking at the set and seeing the prop master with Cap's shield with awe, and the prop master actually let him hold it so his parents could take his picture!

That kid will have a treasured memory for life!

No, we didn't get to meet any of those people....

G

• Like 5