Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Received the latest Spider-Man and Xmen BluRays today for Christmas, so I'll likely be watching them soon.

Was hoping for Guardians of the Galaxy too, but I'll have to pick that one up for myself soon.

Well, these aren't movies, but we did something other than playing video games today, so I feel obligated to report on that :lol:

We (finally) watched the last three episodes of Agents of Shield (Holy hot tomatoes!). And Hubby finally got to introduce me to Pushing Daisies, which was fantastic and adorable. ^_^

But, Agents of Shield, holy moly! ::o:::o:::o: ::o: :blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko::wow:

Is that on Amazon Prime or Netflix or something similar?

Gremlins - theater is showing this at the end of the month.  Our car is named after Gizmo so we have to see it

Oh, nice... I'd love to see that in a theatre again... I drove down to NJ once to see Young Frankenstein on a big screen.

I'm told that the in-laws will be screening The Ghost and Mr Chicken after we finish Christmas dinner.  My father in law is a Don Knotts enthusiast.  I've never seen him act in anything before, only seen him impersonated.  I'm bringing a book, just in case.

Actually, he's a pretty funny guy. Most of his stuff is still watchable even after all these years. I saw The Private Eyes with him and Tim Conway on tv when I was in my teens and thought it was funy enough that I still remember scenes from it.

Just watched The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth today, because we were talking about Muppets, and it seemed appropriate.

Coincidentally I bought the combo set featuring those two movies just last week. Haven't watched them yet although I have seen the Dark Crystal many many many years ago. Never have watched Labyrinth.
Ooooh nice I didn't know this was out. It's been years since I seen both.

Recent movies: Hobbit 3 with my son. Ends a very enjoyable 3 year run with a evening in December where him & I go out for a bite eat & go to the movies. Also he has put off seeing LOTR trilogy cause he wanted to see the Hobbit out first. Next up Star Wars 7 & beyond!

Really haven't sat down & watched a flick. I hooked up the Blu Ray player I got early December yesterday (yes I'm lazy) so we may watch either Guardians or Smaug extended today/tonight.

Watched the wonderful musical version of Scrooge yesterday (starring Albert Finnay).

Just finished watching Disneys Pinnochio, which was charming and suitable for a Boxing Day morning.

• Like 1

Due to a lack of decent Christmas television, I got through the rest of my Marvel film marathon.

Sadly Guardians of the Galaxy was a bit of a disappointment. It was good, but not as good as I was expecting, one day I'll learn to ignore Internet hype.

Well, these aren't movies, but we did something other than playing video games today, so I feel obligated to report on that :lol:

We (finally) watched the last three episodes of Agents of Shield (Holy hot tomatoes!). And Hubby finally got to introduce me to Pushing Daisies, which was fantastic and adorable. ^_^

But, Agents of Shield, holy moly! ::o: ::o: ::o: ::o: :blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko::wow:

Is that on Amazon Prime or Netflix or something similar?

Pushing Daisies is available on amazon (on blue-ray no less). Agents of Shield was on Comcast On-demand >.> It was from this season... so not yet on Netflix, etc. Might be on hulu? I don't know though, I'm not familiar with Hulu.

Watched Gremlins on Christmas. Never really thought about it until wife pointed it out, but Billy's mum is a freakin' badass. I mean, she shows a presence of mind to arm herself that's unusual for a horror movie and she manages to (ruthlessly) kill three out of the five gremlins in her house (probably would have killed the fourth as well if it didn't get the drop on her).

• Like 1

We watched X-Men Days of Future Past and Live Die Repeat today. Both were quite good and enjoyable. It was nice to see Tom Cruise play a coward, rather than his usual sort of character. And the X-Men movie strongly reminded Hubby and I of the Age of Apocalypse comics.

• Like 1

And the X-Men movie strongly reminded Hubby and I of the Age of Apocalypse comics.

O rly? That'd be pretty awesome, as that's probably my favorite stretch of comics, like, ever . . . .

• Like 1

Well, Days of Future Past is loosely based on the storyline of the alternate future that Rachel Summers (Jean Grey and Scott Summers' daughter) comes from, in which the Sentinels are hunting the mutants... (In the comics, it's not Wolverine who gets sent back into the past, it's Rachel using her power to send Kitty Pride back...)

X-Men: Apocalypse, coming out in 2016, is going to be based on at least some parts of the Age of Apocalypse storyline.

Both are "prevent an alternate future" plotlines starring mostly the same characters, so it certainly makes sense that you'd notice a lot of similarities.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2

Sooo...not sure how I've waited this long to do so, but...

I just watched Barbarella.

It's everything that it could possibly have hoped to be...so marvelously, brilliantly, beautifully bad. Just fantastic. And awful. And awesome.

• Like 4

Amen, brother. I saw it on vhs when I was a young lad, and it warped my fragile mind in ways I'll be grateful for til the day I die, lol.

• Like 2