Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

My mother finally watched John Wick. I loaned her the dvd before Christmas and apparently it was what she and my father decided to watch on Valentine's Day.

She thought it was a good movie (even agreed that it was Keanu's best) but it was too violent for her.

My friends told me that I'm a monster because I didn't warn her about the thing that happens to spark the events of the movie, but my mom doesn't like spoilers!

You know, what happens to the poor puppy.  :down:

I'll have to check out The Last Witch Hunter for sure - I'd seen the preview and got excited about it, but then I saw the reviews and got less excited about it.

Seventh Son also looks interesting. I'll have to suggest them both to my BFF for a couple of our movie watching dates.

I had to warn my Hubby about that. He feels very strongly about that sort of thing. But he felt it worked for the movie, and so could forgive it. Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 1

We watched Kull, the Conqueror from 1997 with Kevin Zorbo and Tia Carrere last night. Very fun D&D movie in the same style as those from that Era. Tia Carrere was a great villain. We had not watched it before, we missed it back then because we were living in Norway at the time, it came out the year our son was born.

Loved that movie back when it came out. My brother and I must've watched our VHS copy fifty times. Haven't seen it in at least fifteen years now, I guess.

Was always a "Sorbo's underrated" kind of guy.

• Like 2

Saw Deadpool today. I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to pay for another superhero movie ever again; the bar has been set way too high.

• Like 5

Unfortunately not going to see Deadpool this weekend but I may end up taking my wife to see a movie (The Choice) she wants to see tomorrow afternoon. Normally not a movie I'd pick to see on the big screen but we haven't seen a movie together & it is V Day tomorrow sooo I'll make the sacrifice.  :devil:

My wife and I have plans to see Pride and Prejudice & Zombies today. Deadpool will be tomorrow.

PPZ made significant departures from the novel PPZ but featured some lovely swordy violence and gratuitous upskirt shots. Deadpool was a little blah in the middle but had an amazing opening credits sequence and definitely delivered on its premise.

• Like 1

I though Kull was passably good, but I agree that Sorbo's gotten a bit pigeon-holed in his roles due to starting out in fantasy/sci-fi - he's actually a competent actor (not great, but decent)...

I've been considering watching God's Not Dead just to see if he's any good in it.

• Like 1

I though Kull was passably good, but I agree that Sorbo's gotten a bit pigeon-holed in his roles due to starting out in fantasy/sci-fi - he's actually a competent actor (not great, but decent)...

I've been considering watching God's Not Dead just to see if he's any good in it.

If you want to watch Kevin Sorbo, don't forget to see "Meet The Spartans"!

George

• Like 1

If you want to watch Kevin Sorbo, don't forget to see "Meet The Spartans"!

George

He was also had a secondary role in Soul Surfer, which is about Bethany Hamilton, the surfer that lost her arm to the shark attack.

• Like 2