Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Talae

We saw a couple new ones this last week.

The Intern, with Anne Hathaway & Robert DiNiro was a nice film. Nothing that's gonna win any awards, but it was a pleasant way to pass the time.

Pride & Prejudice & Zombies was really fun and silly. I enjoyed recognizing some of Austin's original dialogue. They added more of a plot than the zombie book, but it was still fun. Of course, all the stuff they added was super cliché, but it's hard to match Jane Austin :lol:

We're gonna see Warcraft in Imax on Saturday. ^_^

I also enjoyed Pride & Prejudice Zombies. Matt Smith nearly stole the show.
Oh goodness, Matt Smith keeps proving how awesome he is. He made a fantastic Mr Collins, both hilarious and odious. :lol:
  • Like 1

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Director suggests there are several scenes cut from the theatrical version of X-Men: Apocalypse. He's planning to put those back on disc. Jubilee and her powers, Jean Grey guiding Cyclops, Havok and Cyclops talking, and some others.

Jubilee has powers!?

• Like 5

Looking at reviews for WarCraft, the major critics have rated the movie poorly. Which in turn means I'm going to love this movie. XD

Except that even the video game ppl who've seen the movie seem to not like it. The best summary of it that I've seen is that if you want to see something with a lot of nod, nod, wink, wink to the WoW universe, this is your deal. But if you want to see an actual movie with a good story, you're out of luck.

So I have no idea what to think...

• Like 1

Watched another double bill over the weekend.

Seventh Son - Once again nothing too special but better than the critics said it was, or I'm just easily impressed by CGI monsters.

One weird bit that both my housemate and I picked up on was that Gregory (the old wizard/knight dude) seemed to be getting younger as the film when on, but as the film itself never comments on it, we're not too sure if we were just seeing things.

San Andreas - Quite liked this one, but I do tend to find these big, overblown disaster movies strangely hilarious which probably makes me a bad person.

• Like 2

Just watched the last Thor movie, the one from a couple of years ago.

Have to say that after the disappointment I had in last year's Age of Ultron, the Spider-Man movie before that, the current Xmen movie, and now the old Thor, I'm thinking I'm getting tired of Superhero movies.

I do still have Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy to watch on BluRay, and I haven't seen DeadPool or the Marvel Civil War movie, but I'm just not excited to watch them like I used too.

Anyone else feel the same?

• Like 1