Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Talae

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed Terminator: Genisys when I rented it.

Last night I watched The Hunger Games, tonight I intend to watch The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

My good lady called it Running Man: 90210....

I... have never seen it, but I did see Running Man. I doubt that it was a compliment. ::P:

The Auld Grump

• Like 3

Still haven't gotten to watch KF3 or Pets, both of which we really wanted to see.... Pets is still out, though Panda may require a marathon once it hits DVD to rent.

We watched Star Trek Beyond last weekend. It was... alright. Both Beyond and Into Darkness feel like adventure movies that happened to have Star Trek's name on it. They both had a few cringey parts that didn't seem necessary.

Both of Beyond's babes did a much better job of being both fierce and pretty, so that was welcome. <3

• Like 3

Megan and I watched The Force Awakens on DVD the other night....

I want to take the time to thank the Disney corporation for bringing me back Star Wars.

The Force Awakens feels like Star Wars in a way that the prequels failed to convey.

It dropped us into the middle of the story, and even made the stormtroopers feel like people.

Thank you, Disney corporation. Thank you.

The Auld Grump - those are words that you will likely never see me write, ever again (unless Rogue One is as good as i think it may be)....

• Like 8

I rewatched The Sting. It couldn't possibly be as good as the first time, because [ spoilers ]. But it's still the best caper movie ever made: brilliant cast, excellent writing, great music choice and adaptation, wonderful direction, tight pacing....

It deserved all the Oscars it won.

Nope. Not going to put them here, even though the movie is 40 years old. If you haven't seen it, see it now. ^_^ 

• Like 4

I rewatched The Sting. It couldn't possibly be as good as the first time, because [ spoilers ]. But it's still the best caper movie ever made: brilliant cast, excellent writing, great music choice and adaptation, wonderful direction, tight pacing....

Nope. Not going to put them here, even though the movie is 40 years old. If you haven't seen it, see it now. ^_^ 

I love the Sting so much that I even learned the lyrics to the theme song - which is never sung in the movie....

It was in Vaudeville

And he was on the bill

With all the singers, dancers, acrobats and clowns

There was a dog act there

Even a dancing bear

And a comedian who never lets you down

But when he came on

To sing his favorite song

He really wowed them in the cities and the towns

They came from near and far

To see the Vaudeville star

The entertainer....

The Sting is one of my five favorite movies of all time.

*EDIT* As for the Oscars... the producer was practicing his acceptance speech before the filming started...

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 3

Saw Star Trek in 3-d. It's a non-stop action thrill ride with about as much plot as one of the old episodes. Little to no character development, but a nice homage to Leonard Nimoy, and a word to Anton Yelchin.  Some of the visuals were spectacular.  I want to live in Yorktown. 

• Like 1

I finally got my Silent Hill DVD back from my parents...but it's full screen. (Anyone old like me remember full screen format?) Anyway, this situation MUST be rectified. A trip to Amazon.com is in order.

I was also watching the Midsummer Nights Dream with Kevin Kline. He is effing hilarious! Brilliant. I love the comedies.

xo Tay

• Like 1

I love the Sting so much that I even learned the lyrics to the theme song - which is never sung in the movie....

It was in Vaudeville

And he was on the bill

With all the singers, dancers, acrobats and clowns

There was a dog act there

Even a dancing bear

And a comedian who never lets you down

But when he came on

To sing his favorite song

He really wowed them in the cities and the towns

They came from near and far

To see the Vaudeville star

The entertainer....

The Sting is one of my five favorite movies of all time.

*EDIT* As for the Oscars... the producer was practicing his acceptance speech before the filming started...

The Auld Grump

You left out half of them:

Now the curtain is going up.

The Entertainer is taking a bow,

Does his dance step and sings his song,

Even gets all the audience to sing along.

Yes, he knows just what he must do,

Knows how to bring down the house when he's through!

Snappy patter and jokes,

He knows what pleases the folks,

The Entertainer, the star of the show!

... I saw Milton Berle on the Muppet Show.  They sang the whole thing.  Jim Henson so loved Vaudeville ...

• Like 2

I must must MUST see the new Star Trek! I wasn't crazy about Into Darkness, but I've got higher hopes for Beyond.

I'm a Trekkie born and raised, so I guess I kinda have to. ;) Maybe I can go with my Dad, he's a serious Trek fan so he would probably like it.

I'm still working my way through the Kingdom Hospital miniseries... Love it.

xo Tay

• Like 1