Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Talae

We saw Suicide Squad last night. I agree with Uber's 4/5. As someone that has read many of the comics, I love the idea of including a ton of the characters. That being said, they could have gotten away with a couple less and still gotten the point across.

Harley did steal the show. Glad we are getting more of her later!

We have uet to see B vs S, but I saw it os at Redbox now. Maybe it will get watched early this next week. Maybe. 

• Like 2

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We saw Suicide Squad last night. I agree with Uber's 4/5. As someone that has read many of the comics, I love the idea of including a ton of the characters. That being said, they could have gotten away with a couple less and still gotten the point across.

Harley did steal the show. Glad we are getting more of her later!

We have uet to see B vs S, but I saw it os at Redbox now. Maybe it will get watched early this next week. Maybe. 

Megan has taken to calling Suicide Squad 'Hot Topic: the Motion Picture'.

Which is less of an insult than if I were the one calling the movie that - she has actually shopped in Hot Topic. (Tee shirts, corset, and Hallowe'en stock.)

Not a bad film, though I was disappointed in Harley (even so, she really was the best part of the movie).

The young Joker... just annoyed the heck out of me, I guess.

The Auld Grump, then again... coming after Ledger's Joker is a hard position to be in. (My favorite is the version from The Animated Series. Mark Hammil's best role.)

• Like 3

Go watch Kubo and the Two Strings.  Seriously.  Do it now.

I would say that it is more oriented towards adults then I expected it to be. It is a good story that is well animated.  

You may want to watch part of the credits too, since they do some behind the scenes things that were pretty funny.  

Also, I sang along to the end credits song.  

• Like 1

Just back from Mechanic: Resurrection.  It stars Jason Statham. He takes his shirt off. Several times. 

What?

Ok, it also stars Jessica Alba, in a bikini. 

The premise is pretty simple, Statham runs around killing a bunch of people to get his girlfriend back. There are some Mission Impossible-esque sequences.  Bullets fly, stuff blows up, baddies die. Michelle Yeoh puts in an appearance, as does Tommy Lee Jones.  Standard action movie fare. 

• Like 3

Just back from Mechanic: Resurrection.  It stars Jason Statham. He takes his shirt off. Several times. 

What?

Ok, it also stars Jessica Alba, in a bikini. 

The premise is pretty simple, Statham runs around killing a bunch of people to get his girlfriend back. There are some Mission Impossible-esque sequences.  Bullets fly, stuff blows up, baddies die. Michelle Yeoh puts in an appearance, as does Tommy Lee Jones.  Standard action movie fare. 

Sounds like a masterpiece!

^_^

• Like 3

I liked that first remake with Statham.

Watched it with my dad, and he was sitting there trying to figure out why he knew what was coming and how he could've seen it before. Then finally figured out he remembered seeing the Bronson version back in the 70s. Kept enough similar that it jiggered his brain, apparently.

• Like 1

Had expieing movie tickets and concession food credit.

$21 of free concession credit got me a jumbo hot dog, super nachos, bottled water, and a box of m&ms...wish they served salads or something remotely healthy haha.

I went and wstched Kubo Two Strings last night. Loved it. Great animation, fun characters, beautiful story. I'm curious about the ending. I haven't gone online to look but for those who have watched it:

Spoilers

Last warning.

Is he an orphan and the entire movie a story he was telling to his deceased parents?

Cause it turned the movie from fun to dark for me after I left the theaters. :(

Marvel is planning out their movies like it was a very expensive TV series, so that each movie builds on the previous films

Well technically they are, b/c they're coordinating their movies with their TV series, and doing it really well. Agents of SHIELD had spoilers in it days after the second Thor movie came out. The Netfilx series aren't as tightly wound, but they do reference movie events as they would effect the every day lives of the average New Yorker. 

I'm curious if Dr. Strange will play into Netflix's The Defenders series eventually, considering that Strange was one of the original founding Defenders. Seems like Cumberbatch's salary may be a deterrent though.

• Like 1

Watched 1776 last weekend.  Probably going to watch it again this weekend.

Mostly I'm watching it as a character study because we are putting on this production at the end of the month at our local theatre... not really to copy, just for a sense of some of the characteristics and to look at the clothing again.  Also to look at the paper used as I begin to build my parchment list of all the documents I am going to need to have.  I'm playing Charles Thomson, the Secretary of the Congress.

Sadly... I guess the last one I watched was Episode VII.  I find I would rather paint and listen to podcasts than go to a movie or watch one on television.  After the glut of the Tour de France and then the Olympics, I'm pretty much TV'ed out too.  

• Like 4