Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Talae

We watched Gotcha! from 1985, and boy that movie would not be made today. In the beginning of the movie the main character is playing assassinate with paint guns right on campus in broad daylight. Could you imagine the police presence that would bring today! And his best friend is using "I am Carlos the terrorist" as a pickup line to get girls. A different time for sure.

I liked it, thought it was fun...

• Like 2

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the advance screening of Storks. Was expecting a survey or something afterwards, but they only wanted people to talk about it on social media.

Normally, this would elicit a hand gesture from me and silence.

But it was good. Much better than the simple trailers they had out several months ago. Really a cute movie.

• Like 3

Megan tells me that I didn't want the new Ghostbusters to be a remake.

I didn't want it to be a sequel.

I wanted it to be a spinoff.

And I agree - but mostly because if you are going to film Ghostbusters in Boston, why not make Ghostbusters: Boston?

But then I have run a Ghostbusters: New England game that her mum played in. (Ghostbusters was one of their movies - like Star Wars was one of mine.)

The Auld Grump - players arriving for Keep on the Borderlands.... They are heading to the Caves of Unknown. (What's there? They don't know.)

• Like 2

Crud...

Wanted to see Kubo and the Two Strings, and it's already not shown in the local theaters anymore. But the Secret Life of Pets (10th week) and Ice Age:Collision Course (8th week) still are?

Which is why I was telling everyone to go see it!!!

• Like 2