Movies - Recently Watched or Plan to Watch Soon

Talae

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver Linings Playbook (2012) @8PM on TNT today, I have not seen it yet.

Sunday will be rewatching The Incredibles (2004) @7PM on FreeForm.

Got about 30 minutes into Silver Linings Playbook and realized I just was not in the right headspace to watch what appeared to be a pretty heavy movie.

Will give it another try later.

Ooh, boy. That one was a stinker.

I also rewatched Guardians of the Galaxy today. Enjoyed it a little more than the first time. It's okay, I guess. It's just so incredibly busy. Too many characters surrounded by too much stuff. Doing surprisingly little.

Watched Goon last night. Surprisingly good movie considering.

Really enjoyable flick. Bit on the cheesy side, but I thought it worked. I'm an unrepentant Seann William Scott fan, though.

Watched RED last night. (I'd seen RED 2 before.)

Very silly, but the combination of the movie not really taking itself seriously while the cast took it quite seriously with decent writing (for silly) and gunfire and explosions was quite a bit of fun.

Also enjoyed this one. Still haven't seen 2 though.

• Like 2

Silver Linings Playbook (2012) @8PM on TNT today, I have not seen it yet.

Sunday will be rewatching The Incredibles (2004) @7PM on FreeForm.

Got about 30 minutes into Silver Linings Playbook and realized I just was not in the right headspace to watch what appeared to be a pretty heavy movie.

Will give it another try later.

I love this movie, and it's not really as heavy as it seems in the beginning. I caught the final 20 minutes or so this weekend.

watched Captain America: Civil war last night.  It makes the list of Marvel Movies  I want to own...

Iron Man, Avengers, Guardians of Galaxy, Captain America: Winter Solider, and now Civil War. 

although really it wouldn't make a lot of sense with out Avengers 2, which was mediocre. 

I was impressed by spiderman in the mass battle. Best fight sequence of the movie. 

add Deadpool to my list above.. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 5

We caught Suicide Squad yesterday too. I enjoyed it, but I have to say that up until the bar scene, I really could have cared less for most of the characters other than Will Smith's. He obviously was the focal point of the plot, I just wish they might have done a little bit more w/the other characters. Margot Robbie was good as ever, but for a while there she just seemed like the comic relief - like the producers saw Deadpool and said "hey we need someone to be a smart elf". I was glad that that they redeemed her character in the end. Especially the dream sequence of her heart's desire. That was awesome!

I still have to say - worst Joker ever.  I would have been happier to see 1960's TV Joker appear in the movie, swinger-era costume and all.  Seriously, how does DC just totally dick up their two biggest villains? (BvS' Lex Luther being the other one.)

I think that Harley was also a focal point together with Deadshot.

I loved the Joker played by Leto. I liked Jack Nickelson more and Heath Ledger (R.I.P.) not at all as Joker. I would like to see more of Leto as Joker, i think there is much potential. But DC has a real problem making non-animated movies about their heroes. I love the animations, but dislike nearly all their non-animation movies and series.

Suicide Squad had some weak points, but liked that the villains are not the ultimate evil. I watched it twice, now.

• Like 3